Wish List

Wish List

Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM

1. Long arm Quilting Machine
2. BabyLock Ellisomo Sewing & Embroidery Machine
3. Cash to buy more fabric
Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
I wish for a lamp to see what I am sewing better. Nothing big but the lighting is not great here. I could have a ton of things but without light.. its not good. I have two hours morning sun in the kitchen with the lights on (lots of pine trees outside).. then by mid/late day forget it. Its mood lighting. I look good in it however the seams I am sewing never look good in it!
My LQS and a quilting buddy of mine have that new bendable light that attaches to your machine. They both rave about it. I'm fortunate to have a sewing machine with 2 lights around the sewing area so I'm fairly bright. I still have extra lights because my eyes aren't so great anymore.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM

All I want is the ability to retire so I can quilt all the time. I'm not wanting much, am I?????
Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Wow-everyone's wishes are great. I just have two---but, unfortunately, it would take a miracle for either wish to come true-and that just isn't going to happen.

1-TIME--more time to quilt, more time to spend with family, more time to sleep!
2-TALENT--like I see on this board. Real creativity and such awesome talent--it takes my breath away!

So, I will just be thankful for all that I am blessed with and do what I can with the time I do have.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 AM

A 16 inch harp (throat), or larger, quilting machine. I have only had my Viking Megaquilter for five months, and love it to death. It sews so wonderfully!

But . . . 6 inch sewing space is annoying. I didn't say bad, don't let the temperamental little Viking warrior on my machine frame get the idea I don't like him. He may stab me with that so-sharp little sword of his when I let my fingers stray in the needle path again.

Question: How long does it take to stitch three navy blue stitches into the side of your finger?

Answer: Less than half the time it takes to realize you've done it and break the needle when you pull back in surprise. Still picking blue lint out of my finger. Looks like one of those tattoo things. Though why someone would tattoo three blue dots on their finger, and then three matching ones on the underside . . .I don''t know.

However, larger quilt designs/patterns without having to stitch them in halves as you roll the quilting up, would be a blessing.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
So it isn't just the cold weather that cracks the fingers! lol Granted you have had some cool temps for Georgia but up north here, we still have piles of snow leftover from Christmas Day. Thank you for the note about the super glue. I have heard this before but just never gave it a try for fear of something--what, I am not sure. Maybe I best take a stroll through the garage and fix these thumbs. Ah shucks, I thought this note would be attached to the Grandma from Georgia and it is not. Guess I am so new to this Board that I have not mastered how it works.
If you don't trust super glue, there is a product similar to it that is made by ??? (Bandaid? big help I am!) -- ask your pharmacist. I don't know how it differs from super glue but I found it less scary to use. It comes in a glass bottle, similar to nail polish. Also, if the skin breaks are very painful, I use an antibiotic cream & bandaid on the cuts for a couple of days to knock down any infection that might be there before sealing it over with the super glue stuff.

For lip cracks that just won't go away despite constant moisturizing, the antibiotic cream applied for a couple of nights really helps; just don't lick your lips too much because this stuff is not for oral use. (Hasn't killed me yet.) Of course, for lip cracks, I don't use a bandaid! :P Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Forgot to add my wish list.
- wish the classes weren't so expensive;
- wish the sewing nights at the LQS weren't so expensive;
- wish I had a big enough sewing room that I could invite other quilters over ... all the time!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 AM

We quilters are so much alike. But my wish list is:

A new modern sewing maching and table to put it in.

Time to do more sewing. Not sure how you buy that unless you get a handyman, maid, cook and gardner.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 AM

Definitely a sewing room. Probably won't happen till my son goes to college. 2years and i'm counting
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ramonasct
Have you tried O'Keeffe's Working Hands? That stopped my fingiers from cracking. Home Depot didn't have it, but found it at Harbor Freight Tools. You can google it to see who sells it.

Ramona in Mobile
Thank you from All Thumbs :)