Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wish List >

Wish List

Wish List

Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by All Thumbs
So it isn't just the cold weather that cracks the fingers! lol Granted you have had some cool temps for Georgia but up north here, we still have piles of snow leftover from Christmas Day. Thank you for the note about the super glue. I have heard this before but just never gave it a try for fear of something--what, I am not sure. Maybe I best take a stroll through the garage and fix these thumbs. Ah shucks, I thought this note would be attached to the Grandma from Georgia and it is not. Guess I am so new to this Board that I have not mastered how it works.
If you don't trust super glue, there is a product similar to it that is made by ??? (Bandaid? big help I am!) -- ask your pharmacist. I don't know how it differs from super glue but I found it less scary to use. It comes in a glass bottle, similar to nail polish. Also, if the skin breaks are very painful, I use an antibiotic cream & bandaid on the cuts for a couple of days to knock down any infection that might be there before sealing it over with the super glue stuff.

For lip cracks that just won't go away despite constant moisturizing, the antibiotic cream applied for a couple of nights really helps; just don't lick your lips too much because this stuff is not for oral use. (Hasn't killed me yet.) Of course, for lip cracks, I don't use a bandaid! :P Hope this helps.
Thank you from All Thumbs. Might you have been thinking about New Skin, an antiseptic liquid bandage? I use it with some success.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

perfect health.:XD:
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 PM

If I could have anything on a wish list, it would most likely be fabric in a yard or more of all colors of a rainbow type fabric.. I work with scraps , by choice , but also because its all i have to work wtih most of the time. But thinking how awesome it would be to have an actual fabric stash like I have seen in other quilters posts here, that would be an amazing blessing, and wish come true.. just grateful for what I do have, and the ability to bless others in need when I have extra strips, and odds and end pieces as well - that makes me so happy to do that..
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Chasing Hawk.. almond roca candy, oh yea!!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
1. Long arm sewing machine
2. Embroidery machine
3. Money to use them to my heart's content!! :)
That would be my wish list too but I would have to add 2 things:
4. Janome Horizon
and 5. A house to put it all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM

I know I have posted on the wish list awhile back.. I jsut wanted to post one more thing.. My wish? fat quarters all in the color purple, or shades that are in that sort. Purple is my favorite color, and just to think I would have a fat quarter or whatever in any shade .. it would be an " OH MAN" moment , as my little 6 year old neighbor often tells me when he is excited about something.. so, yea, my wish.. the color purple in every shade, just to have on hand to pick from ..
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM

I'd like a fabric shopping spree, I'm using up too much of my stash. I'd most of all love a longarm machine. :D
Old 11-10-2010, 03:08 PM

My wish would for all the wonderful folks, on this board to have their wishes come true and for everyone to have good health in the comming year.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM

I still haven't found the oil for my machine. :)
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 PM

A Jem Platinum 760 or Janome DC 3160 would be on the top of my wish list-I bought a Jem 660 about a yr before I saw the 760, it has more features that I liked but since I didn't have the money I stuck with my little 660, I've had it for over 10 yrs nowe and have not had a chance to replace it so that would go on my list 1st. 2nd would be a sewing room and 3rd would definetly to lose and keep it gone, all my extra weight :thumbup: