Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Won a gift certificate from Fab Shop Hop, unable to redeem >

Won a gift certificate from Fab Shop Hop, unable to redeem

Won a gift certificate from Fab Shop Hop, unable to redeem

Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM

It was for one shop only....I thought that was the way it was for this online shop hop when you won certificates....I wish I could have had a choice!! Maybe that is a good/great idea...to give them a chance to use it at a choice of even 3 different ones! Then if someone runs into a dud, they can move it on to a different one!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:26 PM

When I had a problem, I called the site I won from and they were very kind and put the order right through for me. Please give them a chance; as the hop keeps them very busy, so maybe a personal phone call is the best route to take. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 PM

I have been lucky enought to win 3 $10.00 gift certificates from the shop hop. Used two with no problem, never used the other because there was nothing that I wanted (extremelly small selection). It was not a problem for me - just a bit dissapointing.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:00 AM

I so appreciate the shop owners prespective. I have been in business for myself and can appreciate the business owners take on the situation.

I am sorry that I came across as "bad mouthing" her/him. I should not have done that in a public forum.

Favorite Fabrics, I do understand the business end of a website that accepts coupons and or gift certificates. On this particular website there is no comment area on the order form to mention your gift certificate code. There is no phone number on her website and she mentions in her FAQ that she does not accept phone calls and that her shop is virtual.

Maybe the owner of the site is out of town/had a family emergency, etc., who knows. I was wondering if as a shop owner when you sign up to participate in a shop hop you know in advance that you will be required to honor a gift certificate. Maybe with the economy and such she is unable to honor a gift certificate at this time.

To all others who responded, thanks for responding. I believe it is now time to let it go, it is only $10.00.

Julie M
Old 09-26-2009, 01:09 PM

A shop that does not respond to e-mail and refuses phone calls may already be out of business. In any sales situation, communication is important.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JulieM
Morning everyone,

I need to vent. I won a gift certificate from July's fab shop hop to Feline Drive www.felinedrive.com and have not been able to use it.

I have tried using the coupon code area on the order form and it does not work. I have emailed the lady who owns the business and she does not respond.

Lastly, this morning I have contacted [email protected] and am awaiting their response.

Has this happened to anyone else?

JulieM

edited to add that I have until 09/30/09 to use the certificate
Try e-mailing Felinedrive again. Cindy is usually very prompt at responding back. I have had nothing but good experience with her. The longest it has taken her to get back to me is about 4 days.
She is a very nice lady and is always willing to help. I've ordered from her numerous times and have always had a good repore with her.

Give her another chance.

Another thing....check and make sure the e-mail is correct. Sometimes we get dyslexia and the e-mail can go out wrong.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Julie
I don't have a good answer for you as I have another problem entirely.
I have won a $10 certificate in at least 6 shophops and have never redeemed one. While I may be very lucky in winning I have never won a certificate from a shop that had anything...and I do mean anything...I wanted.
Penny
Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 PM

Hi - Have won $10.00 several times and did not have any trouble either time. Hope your problem has a happy ending.

Terri
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

i've won a gift cert. for $10 BUT it expires in 3 days? crazy :x
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM

YES, THIS HA0PPENED TO ME LAST YEAR. i WAS NEVER ABLE TO REDEEM IT AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME WHEN I WROTE TO THEM. VER FRUSTRATING THAT i REALLY DON'T ENJOY DOING IT ANYMORE.