Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: wonderfil thread

wonderfil thread

Has anyone used Wonderfil Master Quilter either on a long arm or domestic machine for FMQ. opinions please

I proposed this question to my gf who uses this all the time. This was her answer.

LOVE IT. as a 40wt poly it was designed for high speed machines so very little shredding g or breaking. has been cottonized. ...a heat process that reduces the stretch and dulls the shine. highly recommend it. use at least a 90/14 needle on a domestic and 18 on longarm.

Never heard of this thread before. I bought my Bernina in the 90s and was told to use Mettler Silk wrapped thread and I have never had a problem with it over all these years.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

My Janome likes all kinds of thread. My favorite is Aurifil, mostly because it is strong and thin and really fills the bobbin.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is similar to Aurifil. Very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by glorcour View Post
    Has anyone used Wonderfil Master Quilter either on a long arm or domestic machine for FMQ. opinions please
    I've used it on a mid - arm arrangement that I have. I like the variety of thread that they have and also the 12 guage which is particularly nice when one wants more solid look to the thread.

I have not tried the Master Quilter thread but I have used their 100wt Invisifil in my LA with fabulous results. Quilts like silk for a fraction of the price. They really do have some fun and different specialty threads as well that I would love to try.

Mettler Silk thread is not wrapped in silk. It is 100% cotton with a "silk" finish. It is a 50/3 thread that is also very nice for hand applique. Bernina recommends it for their machines, and I have used it with my Bernina, but I use Gutterman (very linty) and Prescencia (very little lint) without any problems, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Never heard of this thread before. I bought my Bernina in the 90s and was told to use Mettler Silk wrapped thread and I have never had a problem with it over all these years.