Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wonderful news!!! >

Wonderful news!!!

Wonderful news!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 AM

That is GOOD news. Our Wal-Mart downsized, and told me a few years back that they would be doing away with fabric. However, those of us that complained to their corporate offices have been rewarded. In the store that I shop in not only are they expanding they have cleaned it up to make it even easier to buy the fabric. SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:00 AM

The wall mart closest to me only has precuts, I am disappointed with that, but the notions are improved. I liked it a few years ago when the fabric needed to be cut. Maybe they will go back to the cutting, somehow I doubt it.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:40 AM

I guess the thousands of e-mails other people and myself have sent has finally paid off. I have complained to every manager of every wal-mart around here. I retired from wal-mart and know quite a few of them.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:46 AM

We never lost our fabric section. But it is good to hear that Wally is going back to what they had in the past.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 AM

We never lost our fabric section. However, about two months ago they started getting more bolts of fabric and it as stacked everywhere. Last month they started reorganizing the entire craft department. They brought back embroidery items and added back other crafts that had been deleted. It certainly is nice to have a larger fabric selection as well as other crafts available.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 AM

They usually have David's Textiles fabrics for their quilts of the month, and I love that fabric.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Wish the one near me would start selling fabric. Not even the precuts.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:09 AM

Our Walmart had a large fabric dept. then reorganized the store and significantly reduced the square footage allocated to sewing and crafts, including increasing cheap precuts and reducing bolts choices. Since then, they have reduced the precuts and upgraded the quality and space allocated to bolts.

The fabric dept. is now organized into a quilting section on one row of shelves and a separate section for novelty fabrics. Checked yesterday and a lot of the quilting fabrics are good quality -- price also reflects that upgrade in quality, which is fine with me.

We have a lot of quilters and quilt guilds in this area, so I guess my local Walmart heard the customers and reevaluated how to best serve the area. Other Walmarts in this area are not doing likewise.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM

I live in Southern CA and there are several Walmarts that I can drive too. We have one that has a fabric department and it is a good size one. BUT they only have one small cutting table and one clerk. I was over there the other day and they were having a sale and the line of customers seemed to be a mile long. I think they need to rethink their dept.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:30 AM

In Henderson, Nv, (close to Las Vegas) they have expanded the fabric shop her also. Very surprised. I still try and buy my fabric at LQS based on my budget. However, they are handy to have around for smaller projects