Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:) >

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 AM

I told my husband I could probably make money starting a 12 step for fabric addiction. He said so what will you do with your extra money - buy fabric!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
I told my husband I could probably make money starting a 12 step for fabric addiction. He said so what will you do with your extra money - buy fabric!
There's no way I'd pay someone to help me stop buying fabric, when I could use that money to buy fabric!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 AM

this is it, its called the quiltingboard. unfortunately not very many of us are trying to stop. love that there is a group called fabric moratorium. I laugh. really? seriously? lots of people who go off the bandwagon there. I love fabric. can't help it. its my addiction and I proudly wave it around for all to see too.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM

So I decided to put a moratorium on buying more fabric (right after a huge Fabric Depot run - love that store!) and the next thing I know, I'm putting in a bid to buy fabric from a fellow QB member. Someone beat me to it. Part of me is glad and part of me really wanted that fabric! Glad to know there are others out there like me.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:03 AM

Check out the fabric moratorium thread in the challenges and contests. Lots of fun and encouragement both to not buy and to justify buying!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:51 AM

[h=1]Isn't group meeting for fabric addiction = quilting retreat ??[/h]
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, I thought I was alone in this. I look at what I have and think it is plenty until I walk into a store and see what they have. Good thing my purse keeps me in check. I just have to get other things like food, and electricity. :-)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Love all the replies, yep, quilting retreat, cure for sure. Love, love fabric, trying to avoid online fabric sites. Really easy to rows

Enjoying all the replies. Some just too funny, like the group meeting for fabric addiction. Trying to avoid online fabric sites, way to easy to browse and shop in pj's. Yep, if I won the lottery, I'd buy fabric and storage for fabric, maybe build on a rio for fabric?....my name is Jean and...............ha
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
this is it, its called the quiltingboard. unfortunately not very many of us are trying to stop. love that there is a group called fabric moratorium. I laugh. really? seriously? lots of people who go off the bandwagon there. I love fabric. can't help it. its my addiction and I proudly wave it around for all to see too.
i've been doing great on the moratorium. unfortunately, in my senior quilting group, the other ladies are always shoving fabric at me
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am going to Austin, Texas next week and my favorite shop is there. I found it a couple of years ago. My niece, whom I'm going to see, doesn't sew and hates to go into that shop, said she'd go there with me, but I told her I wasn't buying any fabric at this time. Ever since we talked, all I've been doing is dreaming of the store. I love that store. I buy from them online usually, but to go into the store is such a rare treat. I was thinking of leaving my debit card at home and just taking cash for eating out and going to a movie. Now I'm thinking of taking my debit card and going to the shop. I don't need any more fabric. I have too much fabric. I wonder if I can make it five days without going to the quilt shop. My niece is into crocheting. She is going to teach me how to crochet. I know she will want to take me to a crochet shop. That will be just as bad. I'm going down there for her baby shower. I'm hoping we go look at baby items instead of our habit items.