Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:) >

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Old 10-12-2013, 05:50 AM

Very well said. Amen, sister.
Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I can not put the word need in any sentence followed by the words fabric, thread, batting, sewing supplies or sewing machines. If I didn't love all things stitch related, I would not be a member of this board. We might as well admit it. All of this stuff is probably more than just a hobby with us. It is what gives our life that spark and enjoyment. For me it has always been my sanity saver and a wonderful way to calm down, breathe and relax and in our busy lives, we all need that. I don't feel guilty about my "stitching stuff" or feel that I have to explain it to anyone. Quilters already understand and others just don't get it anyway. It doesn't damage my health or harm anyone else so I think it's all ok. It's part of who I am and what I do. The bonus in all of this is that I make some really nice things which make great gifts to share with others!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
Some people collect coins, some collect stamps, we collect fabric and we can DO something with it. It's still cheaper than therapy.
Quilters are assets to society!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:58 AM

I participate in the Fabric Moratorium. It's a great thread and a lot of fun. The best I can say about my fabric addiction is I've slowed down on my buying. If I purchase any more I will have to get another book case. I already have four full plus two walk in closets.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I can not put the word need in any sentence followed by the words fabric, thread, batting, sewing supplies or sewing machines. If I didn't love all things stitch related, I would not be a member of this board. We might as well admit it. All of this stuff is probably more than just a hobby with us. It is what gives our life that spark and enjoyment. For me it has always been my sanity saver and a wonderful way to calm down, breathe and relax and in our busy lives, we all need that. I don't feel guilty about my "stitching stuff" or feel that I have to explain it to anyone. Quilters already understand and others just don't get it anyway. It doesn't damage my health or harm anyone else so I think it's all ok. It's part of who I am and what I do. The bonus in all of this is that I make some really nice things which make great gifts to share with others!
You said it very well.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:40 AM

Sign me up.My stress reliever is getting out my new stash and petting it,caressing it rearranging it etc.,Did I just print that. Hello. My name is Sandy
Old 10-12-2013, 06:45 AM

Hi my name is Glenda and I buy fabric, yarn, threads, sewing machines etc. if it's wrong I don't want to be right!!! Haha the funny thing is- DH will say you have enough and in the next breath show me an vintage machine for sale. So what's up with that?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 AM

Life is to short, buy the fabric.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM

I don't know if there is but this photo has been going around the internet and you might get a laugh out of it.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-withdrawal.jpg  
Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Hi, my name is Marge and I'm addicted to fabric. However, I'm not willing to go into a 12-step program to quit buying fabric - not happening.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:33 AM

I am guilty too!