Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Woo Hoo !  Hobby Lobby ! >

Woo Hoo ! Hobby Lobby !

Woo Hoo ! Hobby Lobby !

Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Hobby Lobby is my fave store for fabrics. I know it's not quite quilt shop quality, but next best quality and I can afford the prices. And once in a while, they do have name brands.
When you were telling your story, I had to look to see if you lived in my town, lol. I feel the same way about our local quilt shop. Only one person is nice; and I know her from our Church.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

so the HL employee gave you HER card for an outside business??
That is so against store/company policy! Hope kept the card, she might be needing to do the LAQing for a full time job soon!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Well now I feel like a low class dog ! Being disabled and living on a meager income I was so excited about not only finding fabric I could afford and a LA quilter also was the high light of my day. The quilter didn't meet me in a smoke filled room to let me know she has a long arm, we were up front about everything. Since the store DOESN'T OFFER LA quilting I don't know what the problem is. If I was looking for someone to knit me a sweater I would ask the salesperson in that department and would gladly accept her suggestions whether she suggested herself or her mom ! If anything, getting to know a LA quilter would be an asset to their business because then a customer would be more apt to buy reasonably priced fabric and be able to see it completed as a quilt. AS IT IS, I can't afford the LQS prices nor their Quilt Police inspection of what I create, hence is why I have 3 quilts that aren't quilted.

I once had a position in a well known company and I was selling designer-fabric stuffed animals out of my office...told my boss, who was a senior v.p. if he paid me more money I wouldn't have to sell stuffed animals and his reply was he didn't have a problem with me selling animals ! At this same corporation we had folks that had cake decorating, wedding planners and band members.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 PM

I've also heard that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar ! Another one that my sweet MIL used to say was "swallow a fly and strangle on a gnat!" which I think is really funny. Can't always sweat the big stuff !
Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Funny you say that, never crossed my mind ! I'm not so proud of my quilt tops that I don't think faulty LA quilting would hurt them ! The folks that are receiving them are so excited that I've made quilts they will accept whatever !

I've spent some time in Chesterfield, Mo !.. I was recovering from a heart attach/stroke last year at my daughter in St. James MO and had to go into Chesterfield to the neurologist and cardiologist (sp?)...nice area. Too, we would always go to Trader Joe's to shop and usually eat lunch somewhere in the area. Really a nice area.