Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worlds oldest UFO and  its wonktastic. >

Worlds oldest UFO and its wonktastic.

Worlds oldest UFO and its wonktastic.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 AM

Thank you some great ideas and advice. yes I think I am a better quilter now

Im going to start by starching the heck out of it. Then I'll remove all the setting pieces and measure it out to see just how put of wack it is, I'll check my seams in the star and see if there are any easily adjusted. Hopefully that and new setting pieces will do it if not I'll probably use Fancie Yuhas idea with the bias tape then appliqué it down.

It's funny I know it's been 20 years or more since I started this and while it's no longer my "colors" I still really love it and how the star radiates out. I especially like it from a distance where I can't see my mismatched seams and cut off points Hahahahaha

My goal is to get it done this year after I get some pressing large projects off my must be finished list. I don't want to take it apart till I can work on it don't want to create a bigger problem than I already have. Instead of just folding it back up I'm hanging it where I see it every time I go in my sewing room so I can't just forget about it. Since it will be hanging cockeyed I won't be able to forget why I didn't finish it to begin with :-)