Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which would you choose??? >

Which would you choose???

Which would you choose???

Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by milkbone
I am just a novice, but I have had my 6600 for 3 years now and I absolutely LOVE it. I amazes me what it can do and how comfortable it is----the larger throat and the acufeed is a must in my book. You have to realize that whatever machine you do get, it is like a computer when you bring it home---it will be outdated before you know it. Happy decision making :)
Thats what everybody that owns the 6600 says !!But I have not heard that about the Horizon tho thats what scares me lol cause I really want the throat space cause I will be needing it with making big quilts.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
Because I have both a Janome 6600P and a Janome 350E, I think you will prefer having two differnt machines. I had a brother 270 combo and knew after one week that I wanted a machine that would do more and that I didn't like the combo. I'm sure that some of us don't always finish what we are doing. Changing a machine back and forth takes time and it can become frustrating. If you lived closer, I would be more than happy to sell you my 6600P with table as I am wanting a long arm. Good luck with your decision.
thats what I have been thinking to ty :thumbup:
Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Is Janome the only brand you have considered? You might want to broaden your scope and look at others. Things I feel are a must have some people don't consider important. I'd do a lot of test driving, make a spreadsheet of features, compare things YOU think are important.

My must have list is simple: built in walking foot (all the Pfaff machines I've ever owned had them), 9 mm stitch width, needle up/down, etc. I think throat width is important as well. Get the biggest you can afford because you will find that trying to quilt something big on a small throated machine is a stinker. Probably one of my biggest must haves is dealer support i.e. Warranty service on site, new owner classes, etc. Come to think of it, I guess I'm picky about my machines.
Yes it is the only but I guess I need to check around some. I am also VERY picky thats why this is so hard lol ty for the input tho I really do appr it :lol:
Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene's
I am just a novice, but I have had my 6600 for 3 years now and I absolutely LOVE it. I amazes me what it can do and how comfortable it is----the larger throat and the acufeed is a must in my book. You have to realize that whatever machine you do get, it is like a computer when you bring it home---it will be outdated before you know it. Happy decision making :)
Thats what everybody that owns the 6600 says !!But I have not heard that about the Horizon tho thats what scares me lol cause I really want the throat space cause I will be needing it with making big quilts.
When I was researching for my big purchase, I test drove a lot of machines and I have to admit, some were mighty tempting---BUT I had a budget and the Janome was right up there with lots of pluses for the money. I also was looking for a dealer close by for servicing---which was a bust after a year when she retired :( Anyway, I am pleased with my decision and you will be too----whatever you finally decidej:)
Old 12-28-2010, 03:38 AM

I have the 6600 and i love her.
BUT if you sew garments, it doesn't have the "free arm". i don't believe the 11000 does either.

this was not an issue for me. and i also own the janome platinum, and it does, if i were to ever use it. it is my travel and class machine..12 pounds.

you can go to the Janome website and do a side by side comparison.

all 3 are Heavy,around 25 pounds.
i would love to have more than a 9 inch throat....but i won't trade the 6600 for any machine.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 AM

I have the 11000 for embroidery and the Jem Platinum for my everyday sewing and class work. I love them both, and have a wonderful dealer whose husband is very patient with me when I have problems. I will stick with Janome as they have been excellent machines. I sometimes have them both going at the same time. My only problem with the 11000 is I have to have it on my dining room table as I can't get the arm out to embroider in my sewing room. I have dreams of getting a cabinet for it (Horn) but I'm waiting for my ship to come in.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 AM

You may want to check out Babylock.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 AM

If you could get a choice of these machines which would you get???
Janome 6600P, Horizon,or 11000 Special Edition..
I am so undecided on which one cause they are so expensive I dont want to get one and then feel I have to upgrade in a year!
Everyone loves the 6600P...thats what I read about ti anyway !!but has the shorter arm space distance.
Horizon has the longer arm space which I like and is pretty much the same as the 6600.
11000 has it all plus the embroidery that I would really like to have to.
So what's a Gal to do :?: :?:
Get the one you like best because if you try to make do with a lessor one you'll regret it later.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:39 AM

Have you looked at the Juki 2010?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:48 AM

When I was researching for my big purchase, I test drove a lot of machines and I have to admit, some were mighty tempting---BUT I had a budget and the Janome was right up there with lots of pluses for the money. I also was looking for a dealer close by for servicing---which was a bust after a year when she retired :( Anyway, I am pleased with my decision and you will be too----whatever you finally decidej:)
I'm going to test the Janome horizon and the 6600 tom. wanted to go today but my dealer doesnt have a 6600 in now she had to get one but she has the horizon ...soooo...that tells me sumn also lol....I think I have voted the 11000 out .....I will get one of these and then get a sep. embroidery machine :D