Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to.... >

Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to....

Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to....

Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 AM

I like it when someone shares the name of the pattern, size, etc. And, I think, if you're making a quilt from a pattern with a copyright, that you should give credit to the designer.

And, I'm always impressed with all those people who say they just take off and design as they go! I'm way too much of a "bean counter" to do that! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 AM

I dont use patterns....I am one of those who is a beginner but will use patterns as I make more quilts. I have done 5 at present and will attempt a pattern very soon. There are so many beautiful patterns out there.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:02 PM

It seems like a lot of information to include when not everyone wants to know where to get the pattern. If it is your own design, it would be enough to put that information on the post and then anyone who wants the pattern can PM you. Giving credit to the designer is all the information I would need.
Sue
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
And wouldn't it be nice if all of us could read what has already been posted? Often I see that the OP has given the information in a post later in the thread and the question of what, where, how continues to be asked for another ten pages. Grrr ;)
:thumbup:
Old 10-28-2011, 05:02 PM

I like all the info too but am guilty as by the time I finish quilting and binding, the pattern has been long tucked away. :oops: I have tops that I completed in 2006 waiting for quilting. 8-)

Originally Posted by Rose L
And wouldn't it be nice if all of us could read what has already been posted? Often I see that the OP has given the information in a post later in the thread and the question of what, where, how continues to be asked for another ten pages. Grrr ;)
I so hear you there. For that reason I wish we could edit our posts days later to include the info. I'm on-dial-up (which is better than writing on stone tablets) but it takes forever to wade through 6 to 10 pages.

piney
Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Considering that most picture's posts nearly always have a pattern request, I think it would great if everyone did that!!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:56 AM

What a great idea, and I think some folks don't read all the posts because they have 6-7 or more pages. we all have our pet peeves. It sure doesn't take much to rattle some folks cages.. LOL :hunf:
Old 10-29-2011, 04:17 AM

When I see something I really like, I just PM the member that has posted it. I have always received a quick reply with the information I asked about. Folks are very nice about it, and actually are excited that someone really likes what they have done, and want to semi copy them.

But it would be nice if they added that info to their picture, then I would not have to send PM's all the time : )
Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 AM

Great idea to post the info on the pattern.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:10 AM

I agree. There are so many beautiful ones. It would also be nice if a closeup of the quilt was posted and not draped over a chair. I realize we don't all have a good place to display a quilt, I'm one of them, but after all the work put in to making one I would like to see as much of it as possible.