Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!! >

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM

Our walmart has brought it back and so far I'm not impressed with the quality or the price. I used to buy from walmart, but this stuff is very thin. No thanks, and no I'm not a LQS gal, I buy whats good at a reasonable price.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by tammy cosper
Had to make a run to town today, looking for a specific fabric I need. So I cruised back to my local walmarts fabrics. And WOW...it was like a feast on candy!!!
Now, I need more money and a afternoon to shop!
They had some wonderful fabrics in there. Alot that had never been there before!
Tammy :D
The WW 10 miles west of me had a cutting table and no one to cut fabric. the WW 10 miles north of me still has pre-cuts.

I found some very pretty fabric for 1.50 a yard and ended up leaving it on the cutting table. One of these days, I'm going to learn to use that little machine of theirs and cut my own stuff.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dyan
one of my local 4 Walmarts never did get rid of fabric, and I agree with others, the selection has been better, and prices a little higher.
the newer WW that NEVER had fabric is the one who's got bolts and a cutting table and no one working there! @@
Old 09-03-2011, 04:01 AM

I'm thinking that those letters that some of the ladies from the QB wrote worked! YAAAAAY!!!!!! My store in this area, they just remodeled and put in a lot of new items. I want to believe that writing the corporate offices helped.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
Our Walmart did a remodel and got rid of fabric.People threw a fit.

They are remodeling to put it back in!
Ours too! They had a big sale of all the fabric and said that they were stopping. The next time I went in I went to see what was in the fabric area. Surprise, they are building up their fabrics again. Yippeeeeeeee!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 AM

I got name brand fabric there that I couldn't find anywhere else.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Our walmart has brought it back and so far I'm not impressed with the quality or the price. I used to buy from walmart, but this stuff is very thin. No thanks, and no I'm not a LQS gal, I buy whats good at a reasonable price.
I have to agree. I was excited to see the fabric coming back, but they haven't brought in much and most of it is really bad. Saw about three bolts of decent fabric last time I checked. I'm also not an exclusive LQS buyer and I almost always buy on sale.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:15 AM

Same thing here. I nearly fell over when I saw bolts and bolts of fabric being stock. I guess all our emails and complaints hit home.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 AM

I haven't check recently. We have two in our area. One carries hardly any and the other is a bit better. Hope they decide to bring a better variety.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:30 AM

Our Wally World has never lost its fabric department but down sized it to two short rows one side each with cutting table in middle no patterns anymore, and these two short rows have sewing notions and yarn, machines ect in them so very little room for fabric and they are getting more fabric it is piled on top of each other and you have to dig through to see it all very cramped while the pet supplies has 2 1/2 rows two sided and spread out not cramped and empty space, wish they would down size that and give our material department more room, and the other down side is that the gals not only have fabric department but craft and another department to do and they are accross the the store, real stupid when setting that up our old WW not the super store, had it all in the same area so the worker was all ways there. But no one ever said WW higher ups were smart.