Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yellow Oliso 1800 watt Iron >

Yellow Oliso 1800 watt Iron

Yellow Oliso 1800 watt Iron

Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM

I just got back from a Home & Garden Show and saw the new 2011 Oliso 1800 watt iron demonstrated. In fact I actually got a chance to demo it. I thought it was fabulous! I talked with a lady who has one that is 4 yrs old and has not had a problem with it. I was amazed at being able to iron a shirt, flat double layered. Both sides actually were pressed at the same time!!

Has anyone purchased this newer YELLOW Oliso that is the new 1800 watt model? Pros/Cons?
It was selling for $149 with a nice ironing board cover included.
Just curious if it was a good deal and an INCREDIBLE.. can't pass it up... hands down there isn't anything better... Iron! LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 03:46 PM

I agree with you, but I can't go 140.00 plus tas for a iron. O' I've looked at them and would like to get one, but don't have the money for one.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

as with ALL "hot" irons, there have been issues with the Oliso irons...some have ones that are great and others must have been made on Monday or Friday...not worth a darn...

I have not heard how the company deals with refunds/issues.
As for the price, that is pretty good...they wholesale for $115!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM

They had one for 109 at Hancock Fabrics in VA Beach last week.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM

I have a yellow one I bought last year at the Sew Expo. Even got the inventor to autograph sign the side of it in permanent marking pen!
It is okay. I love the way it goes up and down.. :) But it doesn't seem to get hot enough unless I have it on steam. And lately it doesn't turn off when it is idle. I mean even overnight. It should go off after about half hour. So, I probably wouldn't get another one.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes, I have one. I was needing a new iron, heard of the Oliso and then saw the price and said NO WAY. Husband heard me and he bought it for me as a surprise - about a month ago or so. Last night he came in the sewing room and used it and proclaimed it was worth every penny. I'm not sure about that ... it's an awfully expensive iron and something tells me if he knew how cheap he could have gotten a Black and Decker for example I think he would have thought twice about the Oliso.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:32 PM

I would never own another one for 2 reasons. The one I had got to where it would go up & down several times very fast & then quit in the down position. That is reason #1. Reason #2 is that they don't stand behind their warranty. I purchased this from a LQS I used to work at. Because I no longer had the receipt showing that I had actually purchased it, they refused to do anything. I know there are probably some people who keep every receipt they ever had, but when you work at a LQS you would be buried in receipts if you kept every one of them! I wonder what people are supposed to do that get these for gifts! Extremely poor customer service in relation to the high price!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

I contacted the company directly when mine mis-functioned
Old 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM

After two very expensive top of the line Rowenta's that gave up .. I am quite happy now with my cheap $15.00 iron. Irons are not something I would put big money into.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

My experience has not been a joyful one. However, I now have the yellow one and it appears to be working ok. I don't know for how long. There is a very long thread on the Board about this iron. You might want to search and read the comments.