Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yes, it  *IS* a can of worms... advice? Suggestions? >

Yes, it *IS* a can of worms... advice? Suggestions?

Yes, it *IS* a can of worms... advice? Suggestions?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM

You spent a lot of time and thoughts how to satisfy your costumers. International orders and shipping has a lot of obstacles, but you will figure out what is best for you and you international costumers. Thank you for your committment. :thumbup:
I already bookmarked your website and in the future I will order from you and I'm looking forward to enjoy your service :-D :-D :-D
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Thank you for the kind words, eleu16!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by kathy
well I'm not international but...... one place I frequent sends an email to say part of my order is on back order, do I want to wait and send it all together, send what's in now and pay seperate shipping on the back order, or just cancel any part or all of the order. If I do not reply, they hold it till it's all in but that's never been more than a few days. Another place shows on my invoice what's on back order, then I get a surprise in the mail and at the bank! when the rest comes in, it has been 3-4 wks and of course I forgot about it.
I can guess exactly who that is cuz just had it happen to me, only mine was a large order that I thought they canceled since they said several weeks, and my card declined it. Oh, happy days.

I don't think you should charge for back orders after a short time period just because of the aforementioned. I personally would rather have my backorder item charged and sent when it arrives. If it doesn't come in within x amount of time, issue a credit or store credit.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 AM

Are these orders froma web site? or catalog? if web site then it is the responsiblitly of the vendor to update and put a sold out or back order notation on the item - if by catalog then again it's up to the vendor to communicate with the customer give them the option this way they can tell you if one item is more important then the other. Long story made short communication is very important to make sure that you have returning customers. I would tell the customer that shipping costs will need to be applied to the back order maybe consider giving them a break everyone loves a break -