Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yes...another quilting magazine question. >

Yes...another quilting magazine question.

Yes...another quilting magazine question.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 AM

I like all the magazines. For the life of me, I can't understand why folks complain that there are too many ads. I love the ads, and like to see what is new out there.
Sue
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM

I've seen the tips book and it isn't much. You can get a lot more info on this Board!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

before subscribing you should pick up a copy at a newsstand and check it out for yourself- it (fits) some and for others is not what they want ... just like with all magazines.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 AM

I just currently let mine subscription run out. But it is in my opinion a good magazine. But theres so many that I like so now I just ick them up at the store when I see a mag that interests me. I feel with subscriptions I get issues that I really dont want I would rather pay newstand price than to have an issue that I dont really want.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:26 AM

This is the one magazine subscription I have kept. I really do like it alot. BUT.... I have decided like many others, once current subscription runs out, not to renew. I will just but at my local grocery store WHEN and ONLY WHEN I really must have it!!!!!! I need more room for my fabric stash and not so much a magazine stash! Once I get them I can't get of rid of them... I might need it one day! ha!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 AM

that quilt magazine also has a website that you can check out. there are plenty of free patterns, previews of the current issues of their magazines and all sorts of helpful tips.

take a look at their website and see if you would be interested in their projects.

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
I like all the magazines. For the life of me, I can't understand why folks complain that there are too many ads. I love the ads, and like to see what is new out there.
Sue
I like the ads too. Sometimes they have website addresses where you can get free patterns. I also find them good sources for color and design ideas. When I read my magazines I make notes about what I like and don't like beside the pictures of the quilts. It's helping me to develop my quilting style.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
It's such a matter of personal opinion, there is no definitive answer.

Currently there is no quilting magazine that I really love. I buy an issue only if there is at least one quilt in it that I would actually like to make.
Ditto :D
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 AM

I too like the ads for a glimpse of fabrcis coming and to get quilt ideas. I subscribe to Am Patchwork and to McCalls Quilting. Yesterday both came. I was in heaven when I got home from work.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 AM

Go to a bookstore and glance through one. I do like that particular magazine, it would cost more to buy one pattern and there's usually something I like in every one, the ads help keep you up to date on the latest quilting items out there. When there's no ads, it's called a book and costs a lot more, the ads help keep our price down.