Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:08 AM

My 2 now grown sons recently commented they didn't have many pictures of themselves growing up, or family photos for that matter (being boys, keeping up with pictures was apparently not a priority up to now), so I told them I would get some pictures together for them from my quite large photo collection. I decided to make they each a scrapbook for Christmas, and it has gotten to be quite a project; I've been working on it for the past 2 or 3 months. I now have a 3-4 inch thick scrapbook for each of them and I'm still going. I've about reached the photo capacity for the books I'm putting them it in, so I need to call it quits, but I'm having fun! Attached are a few of pages I completed with pictures taken during this time of year, but from years past.

Me & my husband at the Pumpkin Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108383[/ATTACH]

My oldest grandsons in 1988
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108390[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108378.jpe   attachment-108385.jpe  
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 AM

Gotta make 6 Christmas pillow cases for a family who fosters kids.

Have no idea what my own family will get.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 AM

Besides the scrapbooks for the kids, I also finished 9 quilts the past few months, all done but the binding. Whew! I wanted to get most of my gift making done early so I could enjoy the holidays, but I keep finding something else I want to make...love the holidays!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:31 AM

Thanks, Ladies. You've made me feel bad enough about time flying. Off to sew something. I feel like doing shopping bags today.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 AM

I was intrigued by something called finger mitts . . . glad you posted the link . . . looked at the tiny picture and the directions and am still stumped. "Main section"? At least pattern piece is called "top". I can't tell if the contrasting print in the picture is purely decorative or is a separate section somehow. My guess is that the little things are just a few inches long and your finger goes down inside them, but I just don't understand those directions. Can you clarify them a little for this totally directions-challenged person???

thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Go to the link above and print out the instructions. The pattern does not print so you need to copy it and paste in a word document. Copy this then set your printer to enlarge it to 131%. I did mine at 133% and it's just a little bit too large. Shoot for 7" x 3 3/4". Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by ahafun
I was intrigued by something called finger mitts . . . glad you posted the link . . . looked at the tiny picture and the directions and am still stumped. "Main section"? At least pattern piece is called "top". I can't tell if the contrasting print in the picture is purely decorative or is a separate section somehow. My guess is that the little things are just a few inches long and your finger goes down inside them, but I just don't understand those directions. Can you clarify them a little for this totally directions-challenged person???

thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
OH YES! My pile of diddley and squat is growing by leaps and bounds. lol
lol What she said. I'm hoping to complete a late birthday present as a holiday gift and TDY and deployment blankets.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 PM

I think you have done wonderful work on everything. Make something for yourself and leave it until next year. I know it is hard. Just try.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM

I have a "dumb" question. What is a bread cover? Is it just a nice napkin or is there a pattern for a certain shape?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 PM

A bread cover is a cloth that is real soft and used to cover your bread, biscuits or rolls on the table to keep them warm. You can buy them already made in the cross-stitch aisle or I buy the material off the bolt at Hobby Lobby and make my own. I then place a cross-stitch pattern or saying on the cloth. I give these for birthday gifts and for Bingo, Wedding shower games, etc.