Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.
Oh, this is SO precious! What a wonderful, new grandmother you are! She's lucky to have you...as lucky as you are to have her, I'm sure.

Beautiful quilt! I'm going to have to find that pattern somewhere....I know a little granddaughter of my own who would simply ADORE this quilt :) She's my girly-girl...and so special to me (she is also a special needs child, so really special in multiple ways!).

Great job!
Debbie in Austin
Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
A bread cover is a cloth that is real soft and used to cover your bread, biscuits or rolls on the table to keep them warm. You can buy them already made in the cross-stitch aisle or I buy the material off the bolt at Hobby Lobby and make my own. I then place a cross-stitch pattern or saying on the cloth. I give these for birthday gifts and for Bingo, Wedding shower games, etc.
Do you have any pics??
Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 AM

A bread cover is a cloth that is real soft and used to cover your bread, biscuits or rolls on the table to keep them warm. You can buy them already made in the cross-stitch aisle or I buy the material off the bolt at Hobby Lobby and make my own. I then place a cross-stitch pattern or saying on the cloth. I give these for birthday gifts and for Bingo, Wedding shower games, etc.
Thank you Donna. I'll have to check those out.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Do you have any pics??
I don't do pics. I am not computer smart.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM

I have been making casserole carriers out of placemats, pot holders, aprons, pillowcase dresses and monograming names on pillow cases. I find aprons to be the most popular gift.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 AM

lol I used to love aprons, but ya know, I don't have a single one anymore.
Originally Posted by deanna_1
I have been making casserole carriers out of placemats, pot holders, aprons, pillowcase dresses and monograming names on pillow cases. I find aprons to be the most popular gift.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:35 AM

I'm making table toppers, and pot holders, which I'm going to practice meandering quilting on before I quilt my grandson's quilt he is getting for Christmas.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 AM

This thread is making me soooo nervous. It's making me stare at reality and reminds me that Christmas will be here before we know it, AND I WON'T BE READY! :O)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM

I've been very busy sewing for christmas. Made some Joural covers, I got a guilt top done know just got to quilt it free hand. Matching pillow case and toy bag. I already sent out Table runner for Halloween, Thanksgiving and christmas.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 AM

Well I finally started them, this is the first group I'm making, I have 30 of these to make, I hope to be finished with the tops by Tuesday and the bottoms by Thursday
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
I am making placemats for all my sisters & sister-in-laws and neices (53 ttl) for Christmas, I have them cut out but now I need to finish the tablerunner I'm working on so I can start sewing the placemats lol
the backing and binding will be done in the green color on Snoopy's hat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116231[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116226.jpe