Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you familiar with EQ5? >

Are you familiar with EQ5?

Are you familiar with EQ5?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster
You also have to be careful buying older software. It may not be supported, and EQ has had a limitation on how many activations you get on some of the older versions. If the previous owner used up some of those activations, you may have a problem getting it activated on your computer. (If it's new-in-the-box, that won't be a problem.)
EQ5 has NO limitations. It never checks back with the mothership.
You could take one copy and install on a gazillion machines. Totally illegal, but technically possible.

EQ6 is the only version with a set number of activations - four originally. So that would be an issue if you were buying a "used" version.

If the EQ5 is going to cost $70 or less, then grab it.

If you ever decide to upgrade to EQ7, there isn't much of price break off the full version price. But at least you'd get an opportunity to see if you really like it. And by then, maybe EQ8 will be out. ;-)

And then you can turn around and resell your version of EQ5 to recoup some of the cost. ;-)

With any version, the folks at EQ are very nice about transferring the license to the new owner.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:21 AM

Thanks for all the great information, everybody. I am very comfortable with the computer, and DO love the idea of someone or something else figuring out fabric needs for me. I am NOT comfortable with math. ;) The gal didn't get back to me yet (sent an e-mail), but she was selling it for $50. Unless, of course, someone on here wants to sell me theirs. ha ha. I think it would be a good tool to have on-hand.