Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know you are a true quilter when.... >

You know you are a true quilter when....

You know you are a true quilter when....

Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM

When I keep every piece of 5 x 7 card stock that comes inside magazines or in junk mail! I am always thinking, "Template". LOL
Old 03-28-2011, 02:15 PM

I have a favorite pair of floral cotton pants. Every time I wear them, people
always say they would be good in a quilt and can they have them.
Of course I say "no"---I like them too much to cut up."
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM

When you can't concentrate at work cause your thinking about the quilt your piecing or quilting. And would much rather be there doing that.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
You know you are to cut 2 inch squares for a quilt and you, without thinking, automatically cut 2 and 1/2 inches.

What do you do without thinking that makes you know you are a quilter?
go one better,.. I had a man in to check heater vents as we approached my guest/sewing room I asked if his wife quilted. he said yes. I said,"then I don't have to explain this room..". He just laughed.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM

here's when you have it real bad-

car shopping-

I can afford a 2011 Cadillac SRX4. (I have done the mini van route, the duct tape and rope between the back doors with my arm across the back of my seat to put pressure on the rope so the doors don't fly open 'cause they froze when the kids got out at day care, the car that lasted 17 years and through 6 kids learning to drive, etc.- I DESERVE a new car!)

So hubby and son and I are walking around local dealer lot- I wear jeans from Wal-Mart, shoes from K-Mart, sweater $12- Wal-Mart, coat- too big, but was on clearance at Eddie Bauer. I don't look like I can afford a Cadillac. I have the cheapest cell phone- free, 4 years ago. Hair is not curled, it is Sat.- I pulled it back in a hair clip. I do have on make up and contacts and will never leave the house without a shower.

Anyway- I narrow it down to 2 cars. Sales guy gets me ticked off- guess he thought I couldn't buy this car. Keeps pushing lease and his financing. I say no- purchase and my credit union. So I say- I have never paid full price for anything and I will not start now and you don't want my money and besides its money I was saving for a long arm (hubby shoots me a glance, like, OMG she's serious she wants one of those!) so I'm going now. Thought hubby and son were going to die- son says- are you really going to walk away? The guy is behind me- I say yes- I can use my money for a long arm.

So a car or a long arm.... hmmm....
Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
here's when you have it real bad-

car shopping-

I can afford a 2011 Cadillac SRX4. (I have done the mini van route, the duct tape and rope between the back doors with my arm across the back of my seat to put pressure on the rope so the doors don't fly open 'cause they froze when the kids got out at day care, the car that lasted 17 years and through 6 kids learning to drive, etc.- I DESERVE a new car!)

So hubby and son and I are walking around local dealer lot- I wear jeans from Wal-Mart, shoes from K-Mart, sweater $12- Wal-Mart, coat- too big, but was on clearance at Eddie Bauer. I don't look like I can afford a Cadillac. I have the cheapest cell phone- free, 4 years ago. Hair is not curled, it is Sat.- I pulled it back in a hair clip. I do have on make up and contacts and will never leave the house without a shower.

Anyway- I narrow it down to 2 cars. Sales guy gets me ticked off- guess he thought I couldn't buy this car. Keeps pushing lease and his financing. I say no- purchase and my credit union. So I say- I have never paid full price for anything and I will not start now and you don't want my money and besides its money I was saving for a long arm (hubby shoots me a glance, like, OMG she's serious she wants one of those!) so I'm going now. Thought hubby and son were going to die- son says- are you really going to walk away? The guy is behind me- I say yes- I can use my money for a long arm.

So a car or a long arm.... hmmm....
Long arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM

When your husband has threads all over him - that match the quilt you're working on!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM

so do I!!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
Many of you have said that you got inspiration for a quilt from a tiled floor.

But has any one else got your inspiration from a quilt to make your floor tile pattern? We put this tile floor into our front hall a couple years ago. I wanted to make it look like a quilt.
SOOOOOOOOOOO Cool........... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-28-2011, 03:29 PM

You know your a quilter when....
you wear a t-shirt that says "Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialist", forget that you have it on and go to an estate sale listing quilt supplies;
you see a fabric sale and buy more after you finished spending your next six months budget on fabric 2 weeks ago;
you let someone buy you a quilt kit because you said that you liked it - knowing you'll probably never get time to finish all the quilt kits you have on hand now;
you see a pattern for a quilt and start doing the math so you can figure out how much yardage you need to make it;
you talk your daughter or best friend into loaning you money for fabric that you just have to have so no one knows that the fabric is yours!