Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you making any gifts this year? >

Are you making any gifts this year?

Are you making any gifts this year?

Old 10-09-2022, 04:17 AM

My grand-daughter who is 7 going on 20 loves foxes, so I'm making her a fox pillow for her room. Her little sister who is 4 loves faries and pixies, and so she will het a pillow also for her room. Of course these are in addition to all the other goodies and cash they will get from Grammy Linda.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:41 AM

My oldest daughter requested a queen quilt, for her bed, so I was working on that until my back gave out again. I think I might only be a quarter through with the piecing. I wanted to make my sister a quilt too. She likes the wedding ring pattern and I’ve never made one. Any pointers or ideas will be appreciated. Also, my husband wanted me to make ‘our’ Spain girl a quilt for Christmas. She is a foreign exchange student living here with my youngest daughter’s family this school year. I have no idea what to make it like but it will be about twin size, not queen, like the others. I am taking 3 more CASA quilts to my meeting Thursday for the children for Christmas and 5 QOV quilts. Then I can start back on my Christmas quilts. I’d like to complete all of them but if I don’t get my sisters quilted until after Christmas she will be okay with that. Just the surprise of the top will please her as she’s not expecting it. So like I said if anyone has suggestions for the wedding ring ( or blue scraps-lol) she likes blue. Also any ideas for Eva’s quilt( the Spain student).
Old 10-09-2022, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

I don't give Christmas gifts to relatives ( siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, whatever) only give to my grands and their parents. The relatives get birthday gifts. When my first child was born we stopped traveling for Christmas. We stayed home and made our own traditions. Christmas was easy, fun, inexpensive, and still is. My kids and grands stay in their homes for Christmas. I never expected them not to. We all live close so no big issue..
Old 10-09-2022, 12:21 PM

I make some hand made item for my kids and their partners every year. This year it will be oven mits. I have the insulbright batting and an Accuquilt die for the cutting. I need to experiment on a couple to see if I want to add additional cotton batting too. Last year I made bowl cozies for everyone. The year before that is was casserole carriers from a sample I got from my grand mother many years ago.