Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You are my quilting guild >

You are my quilting guild

You are my quilting guild

Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 AM

Wow, you all hit the nail on the head. In the past year, we moved to sw Florida, and I have not found any quilting friends yet. The available guilds, there are 2, meet at night and both are just a bit too far for me to feel comfortable driving. Plus, as many of you have commented, I never felt really part of the guild a used to belong to, so I'm not sure I want to get into that situation again. I was a tomboy -- grew up with 3 older brothers, no sisters, and I have never been comfortable in large groups of women, guess that's why.

Anyway, the amount of quilting information and experience on the board is invaluable, and I thank everyone that shares their work and techniques, their successes and failures, and their support.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 AM

I love this board as well. I guess this is my guild as well. Never belonged to one but can't imagine it's better than this.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:16 AM

Guilds are funny animals. I'm not particularly interested in our meetings, not a real fan of Trunk shows, and refuse to spend money on workshops. BUT I've met some wonderful peoples who have become great friends. We do our own thing and have a great time together.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:20 AM

I agree! It's a great way to start the day by reading through the daily posts.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnd View Post
I couldn't imagine life without this board. The wonderful ppl that give advice and socialize with, the pictures to inspire, and the various monthly activities like swaps and BOM's and Mystery train. Everything that you want wrapped up on this site that I love visiting multiple times daily. I've never been in a guild but I can't imagine a better one than all of ya'll.
Couldn't have said it better myself. LOVE this board & for the past 4 months I was not receiving my daily dose & I so missed it. I knew I could log into it myself but I just really like the daily emails. Now they're back & I am sew happy.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by GRAMELAPAM View Post
Yes, I agree. Meetings at 6:15am, with my coffee, in my nightie! Perfect guild for me.
i totally agree--this is the only guild meeting i can attend in my granny gown, with grand babies with me, every day. you guys don't care if they cry, or if they need changing--you are all so polite that you wait for me to come back, and resume the "conversation" then. i don't miss a single word you "say". and you repeat yourselves as often as i need you to, with no eye-rolling or sighing. this board is the best guild, ever.

and wasn't there a "guild" card rolling around for a while, that we could print off and carry? i most likely didn't get us any privileges, as i remember, but it made us a part of a larger "thing"...

found it: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t3258-2.html (you'll have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the attachment--but it's there!)

Last edited by svenskaflicka1; 10-12-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:29 AM

I do not have time to go to guild meetings! So this site is Mine!! Love to read every morning with my coffee. I learn so much from all of you. Thank You!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:18 AM

I am new at contributing and commenting and I feel the same way. Every morning while drinking my tea I read the BOARD and look forward to what each person is doing. I have learned so much from so many, thank you for being available daily to get me started, motivated and ready to create something wonderful.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM

Yes this is a great Guild with the most amazing people from all over the world.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:12 AM

I feel the same way, I belong to a guild too but after this year I won't. They pair of at tables and it seems like you never get to know them. There are about 180 in our guild and that is far too many for me. I like small groups and love chatting and learning new things. I love this blog and feel right at home here. Everyone is so nice and there is always someone to help you out. I too feel like this is my guild. I hate clicks and it seems like there are so many now days in groups. I am very open and easy to get to know, so I know it isn't my fault that there is no conversation, lol....I am a talker, never meet a stranger, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Thanks to everyone on here that has helped me on the past and for all the help I will need in the future. I have learned so much here. I tell everyone about it. Happy sewing my friends and keep on sewing it is good therapy lol.