Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You tube all day >

You tube all day

You tube all day

Old 11-28-2020, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

When the fire tablets are on sale for $30 I buy a couple. Not much else you can buy for $30 that will give the wow factor. LOL Always remember to check the gift/unregistered status if buying for a gift. If not it may sync all your content to the new one if you have an account. Some I want the content separate like quilt books from novels It's easy to register to any account
Old 11-28-2020, 11:28 AM

The only time I watch u tube videos is when I'm in the house and not in my sewing room, and I don't watch but maybe one/two every so often, in my sewing room I don't have anything like a tv, radio, etc., I like quiet. LOL
Old 11-28-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Yesterday I ordered two Kindle HD 10 from Amazon for $70 each! We are a Kindle household. DH has an IPad but likes his Kindle Fire tablet better. I have several older ones for the grands to use when they are here. They watch movies and play games and sometimes even read a book on them. LOL

The Fire has external storage and a camera. I download videos and watch them if I'm somewhere with no wi fi.
Dang! I wish I would have seen that deal! Lol. Enjoy!
Old 11-28-2020, 04:47 PM

I'm giggling about the OP--my hubs would be checking to see if I was ill if I had stuff other than crime shows on! Although I do watch DVR'd quilt shows, or try to, while at the long arm. Since I tend to get lost in time when I'm long arming and then can hardly haul myself up the stairs, I always turn the tv on there and usually watch NCIS or Law & order, but sometimes the quilt shows--problem is I can't really pay much attention while long arming so the crime shows basically just to help be gauge how long I've been working.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:47 PM

My grandmother was a seamstress in NYC garment district. My aunt is a blue ribbon quilter (for real- she enters shows and *wins*) but everything I know about quilting I learned from watching YouTube.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stitches23 View Post
I spent some time watching quilting videos the other day just to refresh myself on some of the rulers I had bought and now that I've started a new project, I'm glad I did! -but I still love watching the crime shows while sewing.
I'm the same about crime shows. My ex used to tell me I was learning how to knock him off. Lol. I don't have tv in my sewing room so I watch Prime video or Netflix show. I don't know why but I don't usually watch quilting or sewing shows on You Tube. I guess they are kinda distracting. I will listen to sewing/quilting podcasts sometimes though.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:41 AM

While sewing Friday, I was watching Triple Play videos on Missouri Star YouTube channel. I like to see how Jenny, Misty and Natalie start with the same pattern and make it their own. Usually Natalie's variation is my favorite.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:22 AM

I'm also a crime show watcher while I sew...it's something that can go in one ear and out the other for the most part. If I listened to "quilty" shows, I'd have to stop and actually watch what was going on and I think it would confuse me even more.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:08 AM

When I can't find anything I've recorded on TV I'll hit the Youtube on my TV and watch all my subscriptions in a relaxing recliner. Its nice to be able to see it on a big screen instead of my PC screen which isn't small by any means but just nice to see it bigger.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:19 AM

Sometimes I'll put on an old favorite movie while I sew because I can listen and tell what is going on without having to stop what I'm doing and watch. Usually, though, it's having Alexa shuffle a music playlist.

on the subject of Kindles, love 'em. I had 8-10 when I retired from teaching. (I'd buy 2-3 when on sale-about $40/each) Shared the extras with family, but kept 2 for myself. One is always charged. (I read at bedtime) My cousin was always on phone on Facebook, so she likes the larger screen of the Kindle.