Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Your daily Quilting Board fix

Your daily Quilting Board fix

Hello my name is Carol and I am a quilting board junkie! When I get up every morning I feel like I just HAVE to get on this board and take a look at what is going on. It's so relaxing to get all my morning chores out of the way then sit here for an hour or so with my cup of coffee. Of course, then it is off to work. Anyone else feel this way?

Here in Sydney, Australia, my quilting board email comes about 10pm, so it's a late night indulgance for me. By the time I have looked at the quilt photos, checked new hints and followed up on internet shopping opportunities, it's often after midnight, but a nice way to finish the day.

Yes, i do - I bookend my day with this board, especially the chat room - Start it off and finish it with some fun converastions with friends.

Yes, it's the 1st thing I look at.

1st thing in the morning and last thing in the evening! It certainly is my fix. I don't want to miss a thing!

It is 5:40 am and with my coffee surfing the board. Will probubly be here for at least an hour.

Blog Entries
    You betcha! And it's starting to feel like home again

It's now coming in at 10:45pm, so it's a wind down at the end of the day, really.

Quote Originally Posted by It'sJustMe View Post
    You betcha! And it's starting to feel like home again
    That's the way I feel, it's getting better with each day, and I still come in to get my "fix"!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

I check the QB every morning. I scan through and see what I want to read right then and usually come back later in the day when I have more time. But love to start out the day with the QB

Blog Entries
    usually spend at least an hour every morning looking at pics, tuts and all the helpful hints from this awesome board. thanks for being here!

I used to get up around 5-ish in the a.m. in the days when we had a digest and wouldn't surface from here until sometimes 9:00a.m.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
    I used to get up around 5-ish in the a.m. in the days when we had a digest and wouldn't surface from here until sometimes 9:00a.m.
    Well, I didn't get up that early, but I certainly spent a lot more time here with the digest! I sure miss it. But on the upside, I'm getting more done around the house. That's not a bad thing. But I still feel kind of lost.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Most definately try to get on every morning with my coffee...I do sometimes run a bit behind schedule because I don't want to leave!!!
    Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

I love this board. I either do a quick scan at home with a cup of coffee, or when I'm at work before I'm "OFFICIALLY" at work I may take a few minutes to scan. I use my breaks through the day to relax and get a dose of sometimes laughter and sometimes just plain joy. Every night, even when I travel, I log on and really dig in and read and LEARN.
    Love the people and I'm starting to love the new board.
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Blog Entries
    Since we're retired, I can check several quilting boards most days.My favs are the ones, like this...where help can be found for most any subject,be it quilting or a good recipe.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I do start the day here with a cup of coffee around 5 California time. Then as a retired person, I quilt and when I need a break I return the QB to check out places I haven't been. Still find old posts repeated and hope one day that will not be at the case, but I am now mostly just reading the beginning of a post without fully opening it, unless I think I will have something to say. I have learned much here and look forward to it returning to a normal board where quilting and sharing pictures are the posts of the day.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

It is like getting together with friends for a while everyday. Thanks, everyone!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Just a soon as I fire up the computer, I am checking the board to see whats happening. I would feel a bit out of Sync if I didn't do this first thing.

My name is Caroline and I am addicted also. In the AM it is a cup of coffee and the board and in the PM I take a look at it before bed. Oh, and I take glances at the QB during the day. Yep! That's addicted.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I have my coffee every morning with the Board and usually off and on a couple times throughout the day. At least, when I can get dear hubby away from the computer....LOL.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    This board is the thing I do while I drink my morning coffee. I am slowly getting the feel of the new update and still enjoy drinking my coffee with all of you.

I have 2 boards that I check in on most everyday with a cup of coffee. I so enjoy reading about the quilts that people are working on and the new (to me) ideas that some have come up with. You see, I quilt, I don't sew, but I may start branching out a bit as there are some bags that seem to be calling my name.

I hope everyone has a great day.
    Waddley

I can't seem to get into the daily projects without reading the board first. I am so glad things are starting to become easier for me.
    Lorraine

Blog Entries
    Yes! I love searching all the sights. Love looking at others work, etc. Great way to start or end a day!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast