Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your sewing machine's name >

Your sewing machine's name

Your sewing machine's name

Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

I have a laptop computer in my sewing room, my DD bought a new one and so I got her old one just for my sewing room, no where else does it roam. I watch quilting dvds, online quilting videos and I use Netflex to watch movies and tv series I missed. while sewing. I love Netflex.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 AM

Adrian, the finished size of the blocks in the quilt in my avatar is 4". It's from the book "Laps from Fats," and the name of the quilt is "Ellen's Favorite," by Ellen Repogle. I love all her books, and I've made several quilts from them. Good luck on your 9-patch!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Hmm, never thought about naming the sewing machine... motorcycle, yes, sewing machine..nope... have to give this some thought......
Old 03-27-2009, 08:11 AM

I don't have a name for my Bernina, but my featherweight....she's Amelia...always wanted to name a girl that, but couldn't get hubby to agree...so when I got my first featherweight...she just HAD to be Amelia! LOVE her to death!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:20 AM

Hi quiltcrazy! Wow you have quite a few machines. I used to have just one machine and then it had to go in for repair. I thought I would go nuts not being able to sew, I had to borrow my mother's. This was like 32 years ago. Since then I have Burnie (Bernina 830), the new Pfaff (2124) Jean Luke, an industrial Johnson (Lou, after the guy who played the Ingredible Hulk) for heavy materials (at a secondhand store) and a really old Pfaff (Old Polly) I found at a yard sale for $35. That old Pfaff is chain driven and the fellow at the repair shop where I had it cleaned said it was made in Germany around the mid 1940's. I should never have "withdrawls" again over not having a working sewing machine. My son tells me that someday he will have a really neat yard sale...after I'm gone from this world. My quilting buddies hope to outlive me.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:11 AM

I have Art, Opal, Mom, Dee, Joe, Mark, Quilt, Glenda, Bev,and ... there may be more, but until they all break down ... OH! I forgot the two cabinets, but I haven't named them yet -- after more than fifteen years, they may never know their names! :P
Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM

My 24 year old Janome is "Old Girl", My Pfaff has earned the name "Pfaffy" and the Janome embroidery machine earned the name "little turd!" after it started acting up and had to be sent back to Janome.

Yes I talk to my machines, Pfaffy beeps and stops and a message pops up telling me my bobbin is getting low, my usual comment after it does this about four times is "alright already! Just let me finish this seam!" Old Girl talks back to me, only because I forget that she doesn't drop her foot when I press the pedal like Pfaffy does.

I'm not even talking to LIttle Turd, that machine is having a time out! LOL :)
Old 03-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

:oops: My machine only has a name when it is misbehaving and since I read the Forum Rules, I am not allowed to post it. :roll:
Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 PM

I have a lovely older Singer Featherweight; her name is "Miss Edna", and she is a gracious lady.
:)

Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
I have Art, Opal, Mom, Dee, Joe, Mark, Quilt, Glenda, Bev,and ... there may be more, but until they all break down ... OH! I forgot the two cabinets, but I haven't named them yet -- after more than fifteen years, they may never know their names! :P
hand to my chest,
means I'm impressed! :D now that's alotta machinesa :wink: