Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Zig Zag problems

Zig Zag problems

Every time I've used the zig zag (or similar) stitch on my Elna Pro Quilting Queen, it skips stitches. By this I mean that it will zig zag a while, then throw in one or several straight stitches. This has happened ever since it was new. I've had her about 3 years, and that's really the only problem I've had. Any ideas as to what could cause this?
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...F0E6766589.png

In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song.

Does it get any better if you use a narrower zig zag? It sounds to me like a timing problem that your service technician should be able to fix

Blog Entries
    when did you change your needle last? often poor stitch quality is a sign your needle needs to be changed- it is recommended to change your needle after 8 hours of sewing time- or between projects- more often if using different fabrics- flannel and fusables both will dull a needle faster than regular cottons. also- are you *tugging* - pulling on the fabric? i'd start with a new needle & see if that helps.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Since it started from day 1 I would blame it on the timing and need to take it in for service. What patience you have to put up with this for 3 years.

No, it doesn't get better with a narrower stitch. I've used it a couple of times for applique and it didn't work then either. I've tried new needle, which didn't help. So sounds like I do need to get it serviced. I've never taken it in anywhere, and the place I bought it has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Does it get any better if you use a narrower zig zag? It sounds to me like a timing problem that your service technician should be able to fix
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...F0E6766589.png

In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song.