Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A zillion 31/2 inch squares

Quote Originally Posted by cmrenno View Post
    Depression Block quilt! Here's the link to the pattern at Quilter's Cache. http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DepressionBlock.html
    That's what I would make if I had a bunch of squares!

Colleen
    Thank you so much for suggesting this for I am trying to sew up all my stash and was running short on ideas. I copied the directions that were so nice and easy to follow.

I think I'd try for the landscape it if were me and that many squares. May take time but I think it would be worth it.
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

I have a scrappy pattern called "Triple Irish Chain". It is so cool. 16 squares make up one square. The next square would have 3 scrappy squares at each corner with white in the center. The white parts are cut in rectangles to make up that square. Didn't search for the pattern to see if it's out there. Found it an quite old quilt mag. Hope to make it this year. It's keeps calling me. I did make up one of each of the squares, so there's a start.

Check out the variations on a postage stamp quilt at Wedding Dress Blue blog, under "tutorials." www.weddingdressblue.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Postage stamp. No thinking required.
    I agree...

mim
    I've done quilt around the world, triple Irish chain, bricka and blocks (white for thr bricks) 9 patch -- there are dozens of designs out there. I was in several Y2K swaps years ago and made at leaast 4 QATW quilts.
    Mim

I have enough squares to make a few quilts. I have started using the 31/2 squares to make a bow tie quilt. There were lots of blue: enough for the background. That will take care of a lot of them. Thanks again for the great suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by applique View Post
    You can always fuse them to the fusible grid then stitch and clip the seams. Much easier.
    I've made two of these quilts and was not happy with how stiff they ended up being. I'd probably only use this method for wallhangings in the future.

Watercolor wallhanging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2