Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“Creepy Crawlies” -- 6-1/2” square fabric swap >

“Creepy Crawlies” -- 6-1/2” square fabric swap

“Creepy Crawlies” -- 6-1/2” square fabric swap

Old 08-16-2013, 05:51 AM

Well...his first day was a success. He got there and met the guys. Him and 2 other guys have the same name!!! He did service calls with one of the guys who has the same name. They went out to a service call, then back to the shop, then out for a service call, then grab lunch, then back to the shop, then out for a service call, back to the shop to cut stuff for service call then back to the call, then back to the shop then home!!! He had a ball!!! To top it off...the guy who he was working for that basically CLOSED the business after he took a week off in November and never called the guys back to work, CALLED hubby yesterday. He wanted hubby to come back to work for him. Both hubby and another guy who have been keeping in contact with each other and helping each other with job leads started jobs yesterday, both got called by their former boss, both told him "Sorry, but I have a real job now!!!" I'm so proud of him. He said, you know I don't want to go back, I told him there were NO options, he was not going back, period. He was NOT quitting after one day with a GREAT company to go back to a company where he may or may not be working next week!!! There is NO option!

Happy dance...happy dance...

Where is the dancing kitty video???
Old 08-17-2013, 06:26 AM

I just busted a move for you because your excitement was contagious!

I want to thank you for how this swap is set up, just love the idea of having the squares done before signing up (no pressure to get em done) and the 'wait' will be a superb surprise.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Finally finished the transportation block exchange. Now who do I send it to, A 2 year old that is so sweet or a baby boy due any day?? I know it would work for the 2 year old, but I think he might like the creepy crawlies better. Decisions!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-08-16-22.45.15.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 AM

My Sister must have some OCD in her, she said they are all facing different directions, you need to make them all the same way! What do you ladies think? I like it better random, but now that she pointed it out?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:38 PM

I love the transportation quilt, and so would my 3 yo son.

I did notice that they face different directions, but I don't know how I feel about it. I don't think a kid would mind, and if they were checking it out with a friend, they would be looking form different directions anyway.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM

LOVE it!!! Wouldn't of noticed. It's perfect. Give to baby coming...creepy crawlies for big kid. Hey will LOVE what has been coming in.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Power Poster

I like it random. Give it to the 2 year old along with a truck.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:15 PM

Random is great- the child won't always be facing the same direction when using it !
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM

I decided to give the transportation one to baby, and make The Farm one for the two year old. And I agree, random is good enough! It takes too much thought to make sure they are all going same direction. Better to be random than have one whole row wrong!

I did the back of the transportation one with Flannel, makes it so soft. I think I will do flannel for the next one also.

Thanks so much for doing the swap Yosemite, I love this size blocks for I spy quilts!

And I am really really happy hubby likes the new job! makes life easier all around!

Marybeth
Old 08-20-2013, 12:45 PM

Swappers List!!!

Hostess -- 6 sets; 4 sets -- received
Grandma Di - 4 sets -- received
lauriejo - 6 sets
purplecat - 4 sets -- received
Jannie - 6 sets -- received
sustraley - 6 sets -- received
kydeb - 6 sets -- received
marytoddliz - 6 sets -- received
Chasezzz - 3 sets - received
sacoons - 4 sets -- received
Charp - 4 sets -- received
Annaquilts - 6 sets -- received
mmcsmith80 - 2 sets -- received
mom-6 - 6 sets -- received
Motorcyclemad - 6 sets -- received
BlueBeach - 3 sets
sweet - 6 sets -- received
----------------------------
88 sets!!! -- Going to go ahead and CLOSE this one!!!

These are due in my hands NEXT Friday, August 30th, 2013. Going to send reminders to those who have not mailed yet...

FYI - Next swap will be September/October/November and will be Hodge Podge (Stashbuster). This will be ANYTHING you have in your stash and the 12 squares in each set do NOT have to match. That means you can have 6 of one and 6 of another, 2 of one and 10 of another, etc. If you have any questions, please let me know!!! Also...NOODLE twist will be back...it will be Hodge Podge (stashbuster) as well. ONLY on stipulation with this one...all 5 strips in each bag must be different and no 2 bags can be the same. Start shopping your stash ladies. Remember that fabric you bought 3 years ago and now you have NO idea why??? Bust it out and lets go!!!

Last edited by Yosamitesa; 08-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.