Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
11th Annual Ornament Exchange - Sign-ups due by October 30 >

11th Annual Ornament Exchange - Sign-ups due by October 30

11th Annual Ornament Exchange - Sign-ups due by October 30

Old 11-18-2020, 04:18 AM

What kind of ornaments are being made this year........anything new? I try to make new ones each year although the favouites are always made as well. I have just finished making some 3D lace Angels that are made in the hoop on the embroidery mache and then assembled. The nicest ones come from S-Embroidery, their stitching and digitizing is really very good.

I am off to a Christmas Qulting retreat tomorrow for three days. So I have been busy preping projects to take which of course are mostly Christmas projects.

Our challenge this year was to make a name tag and we always take a Christmas placemat, I make a new one each year. These placemats are shuffled so that you get to sit beside some one different at each meal. Pic attached of this years placemat and challenge name tag. Also pic of 60 odd Christmas pencil toppers I made for my two little grandsons to put in their Christmas cards to their class mates.
Attached Thumbnails placemat.jpg   name-tag.jpg   pencil-toppers.jpg  
Old 11-18-2020, 01:23 PM

Finished my ornament and will send it on its way tomorrow. It isn't specifically Christmas, so it can be displayed throughout the winter months. Hope she likes it!!
Old 11-19-2020, 09:46 AM

Thank you everyone for letting me know you sent and received your ornaments.

I enjoy this swap and had fun making my ornaments. Cannot wait to post our pictures.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:07 AM

Has anyone seen any activity from Boop56? We are partners and I haven't heard anything. I hope she is still feeling ok.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:27 PM

Default Got it!

My package arrived today. Oooo the anticipation!!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:24 PM

The usps tracking number says that my package arrived at my swap partner address yesterday.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:13 AM

My Christmas Ornament swap package arrived today. Now to wait for opening day. Thank You. I have to comment on how expensive international postage is becomming, almost making international swaps out of the question. Cost my partner almost $30.00 more than what it cost me to send from Australia. I did purchase a postage paid sachet which is more economical than self packaging. Just a concern I have as the cost of the contents rarely warrant the expensive postage. This really does put a damper on the joy of sending and receiving the ornaments.

Appreciate others members thoughts on this subject.

I am not a wouser but I did like to see value for $$$'s spent.

Last edited by Betty J; 11-25-2020 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling??
Old 11-25-2020, 06:43 AM

Default still in transit

I tracked my package this morning. It is in the destination country now at least!

I agree with others about international shipping costs. It is getting very expensive. I find that if I can put the items in an envelope, rather than a box, that saves me. But then of course, some items just don't fit well in an envelope.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate!
Old 11-27-2020, 09:32 AM

How is everyone? I had a battle with covid but have come out on the other side. Opening day is coming soon.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:29 PM

So glad you have survived hav4boys I hope you're not left with lasting die effects. It must be dreadful having it. I hope all your family and friends stay safe.