Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them

Quote Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
    I received candies from Tracy,queen of 2802 today! Only have 3 more surprises left to come. What a month it has been and its only the 17 th!
    Laurel/oneteappot
    Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    Thanks queen of 2802 for the birthday candies and the extras. What fun!

Yes, I forgot to say thanks for the extras. All of you ladies have given such beautiful candies and the extras have been unexpected and very nice.
    I am wondering how all of you separate you candies, or if you do. Hints, please.
    Laurel
    oneteapot/Laurel

Blog Entries
    I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL

I can't wait, November is so far away. I am glad your birthdays have been so special. I am a happy girl when I get new fabric.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL
    Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
    Those grandbabies are pretty special. I have my granddaughter every Thursday through Sunday so that her mom can work a second job at night. Dead beat dad. Makes me angry on one hand but I love every minute on the other. "We" are sewing doll clothes this weekend. GD is getting pretty good at sewing a straight line so we shall see what she can do with curves.

Terry, sorry the month got away from me. I put your candy in the mail today. Hope it doesn't take to long to get there.

Oneteapot.... Wanda... Abdconsultant... You get my candies.? Mailed the first week of the month.
    Last edited by sewmany; 06-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.

I got mine. Thank you
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hi Ladies
    Just to let you know that I am going on a shop hop tomorrow (thursday) so when I get home I will send out the July birthday babies. If I am too exhausted ( we are going by bus to 7 quilt shops) I will send it all out on Friday.

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Hi Ladies
    Just to let you know that I am going on a shop hop tomorrow (thursday) so when I get home I will send out the July birthday babies. If I am too exhausted ( we are going by bus to 7 quilt shops) I will send it all out on Friday.

Barb
    I see where people are sending out July's candy already. I didn't get a list of addresses. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    Jannie-- I think the ones that already had their birthdays kept our address's and are mailing early.........aren't they just sweet ??? People on here are just so thoughtful.
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Jannie-- I think the ones that already had their birthdays kept our address's and are mailing early.........aren't they just sweet ??? People on here are just so thoughtful.
    That's what I was thinking.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Hi All -

My apologies to the June babies. Mine will all go out to you tomorrow or Sat.

In my fog of dealing with my father's illness and a stressful job, I managed to make a big mistake in my bank account. I just got paid so I can use my debit card now that it it isn't $600 overdrawn. Can't believe I did that. So sorry you had to wait.

Hello Ladies
    You should all have a PM from me with the July birthday babies addresses. We have 6 birthday babies this coming up month! Wow two on the Independence Day! My sister's birthday is on July 4th also and when I was little I thought all the fireworks were for her! I was not sure what all the fuss was about! But now that I am older (and wiser) the fireworks are all about her she is a great sister!!!!

From what I have been hearing everyone is getting their packages in a timely manner...that is great! I know life can take hold of you and it is hard to think about anything else except the problems right ahead of you. I know with my past few months of deaths and now dealing with my parents (dad has been diagnosed with demensia) I am glad that I had all of my squares cut and most of them packaged and ready to go. that would be the best hint I can give you.....get everything cut...package them....address them....then I put the birthdate in the corner where the stamp goes so I can mail them out on time.

Hope everyone is doing well...looks like I missed a contest on Monday. I will have to make up for that soon. I am planning on a contest this Monday around 9pm....see you then.
    Barb

I only have 12 more fabrics to cut then I'll be done with all the Birthdays...What a great feeling!!!

Blog Entries
    Barb with all you have been and are going through-------you are a wonder woman !!! You are doing a great job and we appreciate everything you do for us !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Me are done and addressed. I am waiting for Rhonda to give me the name of my swap pal for her third wall hanging swap.Everything is being mailed Saturday. Happy Birthday!!!

Blog Entries
    Received a birthday squishy from nurse bonnie this morning! Thank you. Love your fabrics.

Love the bag!!!! I need to make one of those. did you use a grid????

Quote Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
    Spend last weekend at Tahoe. While DH takes his three days watercolor class. I have the hotel room for a quite quilt retreat. Mostly I went through all the birthday candies and the candies from one of Sheri's swap. This is my first project finished. It is a midi bag.

Attachment 415087

Karen...thanks so much I appreciate everyone in this group...you have all been very kind!

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Barb with all you have been and are going through-------you are a wonder woman !!! You are doing a great job and we appreciate everything you do for us !!!

Contest time (finally)
    Wanda Lou is our birthday baby this week and celebrating her birthday on June 29th. Two of these things did happen on June 29th which one is the one that did NOT? What date did it happen?
    (
    Remember GOOGLE is your friend for this one)

1925 U.S.A. Santa Barbara Earthquake The picturesque Santa Barbara was rocked by an earthquake causing heavy loss of life when the dam burst and water mains burst causing some of areas of the city to be flattened . The quake was felt as far away as San Fransisco and Los Angeles with many millions of dollars worth of damage across California, The earthquake was also felt in other states including Montana with more damage.

1994 U.S.A. Tonya Harding : The U.S. Figure Skating Association ( USFSA ) stripped Tonya Harding of her her 1994 national Figure Skating championship title and banned her from the organization for life for an attack on rival Nancy Kerrigan. The investigation by the USFSA decided Harding knew about the attack before it happened and displayed "a clear disregard for fairness, good sportsmanship and ethical behavior".

United States 2007 United States Apple iPhone Released : The first Apple iPhones went on sale in stores for the first time as people lined up and waited outside shops for days. The long anticipated phone featured a touch-screen with no keyboard, wi-fi access, a camera, and the ability to browse the web. Apple stated that they hoped they would take hold a significant portion of the mobile phone market with the immensely popular iPhone.

PM me your answer by 9PM est on Tuesday June 25th.
    Barb

Just checking in to let you know that my July Birthday Candies will be mailed tomorrow...They're all wrapped up & ready to go...

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Love the bag!!!! I need to make one of those. did you use a grid????
    Thank you Barb,
    I use the Quartsmart pattern. It came with fusible lining to make two bags. It was very easy and fun. Here is my second bag. I make it one strip taller then the original design.

Name:  midibag2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  45.0 KB

ahwu...I gotta make me one of those bags!!!! love the blue one too!

Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast