Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Ok ladies I still have more to show but it is now 2:30 in the am and I am really tired. I will continue tomorrow. (or today) after I sleep!
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

H Barb - the block in post 939 was made by Sherri R. She was really great - she encouraged and coached me through the FMQ and made 3 blocks so that the quilt would have 20 blocks. I marked that one but I think the signature got lost in the dark materials. My block came from one of the 100 Quilt Blocks magazines. I will see if I can find it and send to you.

I got lucky - Emily Herrick was nice enough to share her Perfect Petals quilt block online. Here is the link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...SuVI8F-OU0cUaQ

Or google Perfect Petals quilt block by Emily Herrick. It makes up very easily since the units are flip and sew. Its a great pattern!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    This one was made by quilting dragon....Becky

This square is made with two fabrics that look lovely together. the star in the center is made with a blue with yellow suns (or maybe flowers)fabric. The blue on the outside is made with a blue swirl fabric.
    the quilting: The center of the star has the quilting outlining the sun(flower). Then the four points have a leafy type quilting. The blue fabric has an all over puzzle look. Just beautiful!

Thanks again Becky!
    Ok. The provenance on this one: When I first started quilting, about 7 years ago, I joined a birthday block swap. I asked for yellow stars on a blue background. The person who gave me this fabric had not gotten my block made, but sent me the FQ's. So I made the block to match the pattern of the square she sent me. I still haven't put that quilt together, one of these days...

CONTEST TIME....CAN YOU HEAR ME I AM RUNNING AROUND MY HOUSE YELLING CONTEST TIME!

ok.....unscramble the names and find out what celebrity shares a birthday with our birthday babies.

PM me the celebrity name......and the name of the quilter from our group.

1) nyond stom
    2) anyr ynore
    3) luap veeerr
    4) aaurl gensesirchsl
    5) iodj sterfo

I will pick a winner sometime after 9pm on Tuesday night.

Good luck
    Barb

This square was made by Carrot...Karen

This square is made up of 32 triangles of 32 different fabrics! each triangle is then made into a square. I like the scrappy feel to this quilt square.

Quitling: Hearts with some squiggles in circles

Thanks Karen...hugs to you too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This square was made by Sheri R...Sheri

so cute...Heart made up of red scraps made into a heart and appliquéd on a white piece of white on white fabric. I really need to learn how to appliqué !

Quilting:no quilting inside the heart but there are hearts dancing around the outside on the white fabric!

thank you Sheri

This the second of the three squares that Sheri made me!

This square was made by Sewmany...Gloria

This is a beautiful star made up of 8 points. The center has 2 browns followed by reds and blues on the points. This one looks really hard to me. I am not very good with all the points. On the outside of the star is a beige fabric with very faint brown zig zag lines.

The quilting: The star has hearts running through the center of the star and a heart border going around the points. It looks like the beige area has an all over puzzle look.

Thank you Gloria

Okay I just did a dumb thing!!!!!!! I just sent my daughter a picture of my grandson (her nephew) and the quilt wall hanging that I made her as a surprise was in the background of the photo.............yep she saw it.

this is the 3rd square that Sheri made for me!!!!

This square has 8 large triangles making up a pinwheel look. Love the color choices of yellow and light blue.

The quilting: Looks like a petal in each triangle and and all over puzzle look in the white fabric.

Thank you Sheri
    Last edited by barbarakibler23; 07-29-2013 at 06:46 PM.

This square was made by Gandee

This square has 9 large squares. Made up of a lime green background with birds. There are 2 pink squares and 2 brown squares. all of the fabrics used here look to be from the same line.

the quilting: There is a large wreath of leaves with a plaid grid in the center square.

thanks Gandee

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pictures of all the blocks. There are a couple I've not seen before and think I'll have to put on my "try it" list.

This square was made by Jannie...Janet

This square is made with two colors white and blue.. the white makes up a star almost looks like a moving star with blue triangles all around the points.

The quilting on the white is loops going in a circle. The blue has 3 triangles in each piece.

thanks again Janet

This square...last but not least is made by fraew....Felicia

this cute square has a teapot on it...don't know if Felicia knows but I am a tea totaler! Love my tea hot or cold!

The teapot is made of red flower fabric that I am sure was fussy cut out to get that pretty flower in the center. The handle is black. The border is made up of red and black squares in different sizes.

the quilting: Heart all around the border and an all over pattern in the white fabric. The teapot was appliquéd on by machine.

thank you Felicia

there is also appliquéd flowers around the boarder and yoyo flowers.....was that your handy work Janet Jnct???

My quilt is beautiful and I feel so lucky and blessed to have it and to have all of you as my friends!

Barb

Thanks for showing us the blocks. Great to see everyone's. Thanks for doing this barb.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    there is also appliquéd flowers around the boarder and yoyo flowers.....was that your handy work Janet Jnct???

My quilt is beautiful and I feel so lucky and blessed to have it and to have all of you as my friends!

Barb
    I designed and hand appliqued the borders - there were some things I wanted to try so you got to be a guinea pig hahahahaha.

ARRRGGGHHH I could only unscramble 3 of the 5 names - will try later to see if I can get my brain to unstick!!!

Wonder pictures barbara. Thank you.
    you really did a wonderful job jnct with all the different blocks.

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! JNCT14, wish I could do all that and you did it all in one quilt...Barb, thank you for organizing this swap and the effort you put in to keep it interesting throughout the 12 months. You ladies amaze me with your talents and the fact that you so willingly share them. I salute you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for showing up each of the blocks Barb !!! That was awesome. We all really appreciate all you put into this group. You rock !!!!!!!!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Hi ladies! Oh, Barb! I'm glad you showed close up! Every block is so pretty. I know JNCT was nervous but she sure is talented. I'm so glad she had this wonderful idea.

My personal update... Family has all slowly left grandmas. My hubby and girls fly back to Texas tomorrow. I told grandma I'd stay with her for as long as she'd like. She said, "Lets try three weeks and see how things go." So, I'm in Idaho at least three more weeks. when hubby gets home I'll have him send me my last two July birthday candy sets and my August one. And my own swap packages!! LoL
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I meant to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. My two day trip certainly has turned into an adventure.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Sheri have a great time. Many thanks for the support. Boy dont you guys wish we all lived closer? Think of the quilting weekends we could have!!!!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some quilting friends that could come out of the computer would be nice!

Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast