Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 2.5" candy swap

2.5" candy swap

I participated in a 2.5" candy swap several times on this board. I have been watching for another one. Did I miss it or has not anyone organized one lately?

there is on going now, birthday candy
    Dotty in NYC

Yes, indeed there is one going on currently that is a year long swap. The sign up was in January/February. But occasionally there is a one time swap hosted by a board member. Perhaps she will also respond to this message.

I PM'd Patrice to ask how to host a swap like this but haven't heard back yet.
    dj

Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    I PM'd Patrice to ask how to host a swap like this but haven't heard back yet.
    dj
    GREAT! I'll be watching for it to see if you proceed with hosting.

I missed the deadline for the birthday candy swap so I would love to participate in this one, if it materializes (pun intended!)
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

Awaiting Patrice approval. Will post sign up page then.
    hugs,
    dj

Blog Entries
    what is a candy swap?

Jane,
    A candy swap also known as a charm swap, is a swap of a posted amount of fabric squares cut to specific size. A host receives the agreed upon amount to swap from each swapper and distributes to all swappers. Mailing deadlines are involved regarding mail to host & host to swappers. A candy swap is a way to build a greater number of squares to complete quilting projects. There is positive feedback to be earned upon completion of the swap. Rules for the swap are posted on the thread for each swap so there isn't a lot of guess work involved. It's a lot of fun.

Another type of swap is a "fat quarter" swap (18x20 cut fabric). This type of swap helps quilters complete larger scaled projects.

I am waiting for Quilting Board leadership approval to host a 2.5" charm swap & will post a new thread to sign up when we get approval. We hope you will join in the fun! If you need further information, please send me a Private Message (PM me)!
    djmat

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
    what is a candy swap?
    Hi Jane.... a "candy" refers to a 2.5" square of fabric and they are truly fun to swap, particularly if you love scrappy quilts
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

SheriR is the member who hosts a 2.5" candy swap about quarterly. She has been really busy this year so maybe a little more time has passed than usual between her swaps. You can message her here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/private...=newpm&u=37648
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope DJ gets another candy swap going. I'm personally swamped with life. My daughters getting married in a few weeks(panic!) and I've been trying to get some quilting monkeys off my back. I loved/LOVE swapping. Candy is addicting!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Dear Swappers,
    Here is the thread link to the swap that opened today!
    Summer 2016 2.5” Charm Swap sign up ends Aug 5, 2016

Hope to see you there!

Thanks to SheriR for hosting so many times previously. She'll be back when her life slows down!

hugs,
    dj