Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Judy - your row is great! I love how it looks all together. I have some really great ideas for your quilt top... I can't wait to get my hands on it!

(Maybe I should worry about finishing my own first... :oops: )

Blog Entries
    Thanks, gals, I am glad everyone likes it. I am so looking forward to seeing what gets done with it.

Now I'm ready to see what you all are coming up with so I can get my mind in gear towards doing rows. But it is hard to try to plan ahead because other than the quilt I'll get when we send them out, they change so much by each row that's added and what you think might work good now, won't. But it's fun to think about them.

Feb. 15 seems a long way off. Hope I don't lose it in the mess that's my sewing room before then.

Thanks for making it 'Making freinds row by row.' I joined the board to make freinds and am really excited. I was just at a New Years Eve party and my neighbor told me you had a pic of your row up. I convinced her to join and we share a lot back and forth. Peggy

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Well, mine is done and here's the row (Boy, it's hard to get an entire row in a picture, so just remember that the block on the left end is the same as the block on the right end. I had it laying on the back of my couch (where it will go when it's ALL finished) and really like it.

I'm also posting a picture of my label. I haven't actually printed it on fabric yet, but unless something spectacular strikes me (which I doubt), this is what it will be. Not too Southwestern, but I like the colors and think it's pretty.

Regarding labels, have you looked at the free labels on Connecting Threads? That's where this one came from. They have some cute ones.
    Thanks for the info and your row is fantastic. I hope I make you proud.

Hey, let's try to be the first qroup of 2011 to get pics posted. Bring on the sewing and FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Boop56
    Hey, let's try to be the first qroup of 2011 to get pics posted. Bring on the sewing and FUN!
    I should have something to post by tonight. I started sewing my row this weekend when I needed a break from the table runner I was making for my mom's birthday. The table runner is done, and I plan to really work on my row today and tomorrow when the kids are napping/sleeping. So far I've made one 6.5 inch block... only 19 more to go!

First step:Pulled my material. Second Step: It will be either chocolate or nap. LOL

First step: Pulled my material. Second Step: It will be either chocolate or nap. LOL :lol:

Okay, I have finished three of my five blocks for my row and pictures are attached. When you look at the row of three, visualize that the two blocks on the left will be repeated on the right. What do you think? My theme is "Something Southwestern." The block at the left of the row is called "Phoenix" and what will be the center block (now the block on the right) is called "Desert Sun." The blocks with the pots is included to introduce lots of colors into the quilt so you have lots to work with when you are working on it. My intention for this quilt is that it be what are considered Southwestern colors (seems to be most anything if you look at that pot block) or blocks with Southwestern names. I just want everyone to have fun when they're working on it.
    I am peeking from group 3. What beautiful blocks.

Blog Entries
    Worked on my row for a couple of hours yesterday. I should have some early pics to post this weekend. :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    Worked on my row for a couple of hours yesterday. I should have some early pics to post this weekend. :D
    I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting anxious to see everyone's row. I know, I know, we still have til Feb 15, but I love seeing what everyone does.

Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting anxious to see everyone's row. I know, I know, we still have til Feb 15, but I love seeing what everyone does.
    I know. I am so excited and I thought we had to have it out by Jan. 15th until the neighbor came down and corrected me. LOL

Blog Entries
    Ok, here is block 1 for my first row. Just finished it a little while ago. I am doing a duplicate block like this that will finish the row and then applique in the middle of the row. That is the plan anyway! :-)

2011 Row robin, row 1, block 1
    Name:  Attachment-151490.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  1.11 MB

Such soft pretty colors! I love it and can't wait to see the rest of the row!

Blog Entries
    Love your block, Amanda. Such soft, pretty colors. Can't wait to see the rest of the row.

I'm down with the flu - so no progress on my blocks at all. Next week for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    I'm down with the flu - so no progress on my blocks at all. Next week for sure.
    Take care of yourself and get well. You have lots of time to get the blocks done. I have been hearing about a lot of people who have really been sick lately, so behave yourself and get well.

Was going through my stash and have some fabric pulled. I am getting blocks picked so I will be ready soon to start. I did a doll quilt today. Thanks amanda d for posting a pick of your block. Now I know which way to go for you. {I hope.}

Mardi Gras
    Name:  Attachment-152251.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  83.6 KB

Southwest
    Name:  Attachment-152252.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  74.7 KB

Purples, blues, creams
    Name:  Attachment-152253.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  64.3 KB

Doll Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-152256.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  79.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Love your doll quilt and your fabrics. Am looking forward to see what you decide to do.

Ooohh! Those mardi gras fabrics look great!

I was hoping to have something to post today, but I didn't get as much done as I planned - hopefully once we are all back to our post-holiday routine, I will be able to crank this out in the first part of January.

OK, I finally have a block to share. This is one of my "pastel" blocks. I also have brights to play with. What I'm not sure about is whether to break up the spiderweb pattern with a block of applique. I found some coloring book pages of mardi gras masks that I could use to make some applique... Still trying to decide that.

Anyway, the idea behind my row is to just use the fun mardi gras colors in fun patterns - blocks could be music/jazz themed, beads themed, mask themed, etc. or simply pretty blocks in the mardi gras colors. I'm looking forward to everyone's ideas! I hope that helps to give you all an idea of what to expect. More blocks coming soon!

Mardi Gras Spiderweb Block
    Name:  Attachment-152953.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  66.6 KB

COOL.

Blog Entries
    WOW!! That is fabulous. That will be a fun one to work on.

If you go to the pictures - you can see my WIP. Not for the row robin - but one I was trying to finish.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87743-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Just went and checked out that quilt. It's awesome.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast