Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Oneteappot...I have friends that say I am crazy to go thru all of the work of canning and jam making. But they are always first in line for a jar of strawberry jam or a homemade apple pie
I think the canning and stock piling of frozen food is coming back. Everyone is getting "back to nature" and eating organic. I have been doing the same thing for 35 years. Some times I do feel like I should have been around during the "little house on the prairie days". Then I think......"outhouse" and then I'm glad to be part of the flush generation!

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
Oh, my goodness has this month got away from me! Birthday girls, I am terribly sorry I haven't mailed my packages out. They are ready and on my table, but that is as far as I got. I will mail them in the next day or so. I have company coming and busy today.
I also have been picking blueberries, nothing like home grown! Also picked elderberries for some jelly.
And I have a friend that says no one cans or freezes anymore. But then she says I am stuck in the past with sewing too. I just tell her that she doesn't know what she is missing! Yet she is a knitter! LOL!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:08 PM

DJ...so glad to hear the good news regarding your eye! I'm sure that was a scary time for you!!!

I haven't done the "Curious Quilter" swap in a few years..I should go and check it out. Mary is such a great lady.

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Barb, sounds like you enjoyed your well deserved vacation. Love your descriptive narrative!
I just got back to work Monday, out last week with a little eye surgery, they said it was probably cancer, so they cut it off & called me yesterday to say it wasn't, praise the Good Lord! Whew!
Got a notice from Mary, the Curious Quilter, that she is hosting a swap in mid September, you in? Love your fabric charms! Hope others here will consider joining it, too! thecuriousquilter
hope the link works!
Tuesday Tip: In a word document post what needs to be done to each project then pin the page directly in front of your work space. It helps keep projects on track, makes fabric shopping easier & less costly, and you get feeling of accomplishment when you take it off the list!
hugs,
dj
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM

My Tuesday Tip

My organizational side of my brain (okay my OCD) was going crazy with all of the patterns from the "Row by Row Experience", they are all different sizes, some have many pages and some I bought the kit or just a piece of fabric.

So I took a binder and top loader pages and put everything I received from each quilt shop in a pocket of it's own. I bring the binder with me when I go "hopping". It has a Michigan map that I circled all of the cities and addresses to the shops. Also one of the stores had a color copy with a picture of each stores row that is in the binder too. I am only going to the stores that I have patterns that I like. I plan on going thru some of my fabric stash to see if I can match up some pieces that I want to use, I plan on adding that to the binder too. One of the stores that I shopped at yesterday said they are already making plans for next years shop hop....so I can title my binder with 2014 and be ready to start a new book next year.

Barb
Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Good morning! I almost called in sick this morning... was up all night coughing! UGH. Got a summer cold.

I couldn't think of a tip to post yesterday, but today I did... this may already be common knowledge, tho-- (as with most of my 'tips'!)

When saving scraps I try to cut strips, rather than squares. Then, when it's time to cut for a swap, I pile up the strips in piles of 10 and cut 10 at a time, down the strip. When I've done that 5 times, I have my sets of 50 to trade! Much quicker and more painless than cutting squares one by one.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:47 AM

good idea about the strips sewbizgirl!!! thanks for sharing.

I will be sending out addresses for the September birthday babies......... We have 4 Birthdays coming up in September.

Hopefully everyone has mailed out all the birthday squares for August!!!

Barb
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM

Happy Birthday

Quilter Day-by-Day

Hope your day is filled with sew much fun!

Barb
Debbie.... please post who you have received packages from
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 AM

Happy Birthday, Quilter Day by Day! Hope you have a lovely day. Enjoy!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Quilter Day_by_Day! Hope you are enjoying your squares and birthday cake today!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Hello Ladies

Quilter day-by-day is on a family emergency. She hopes to be back on this thread end of September. At that point she will get caught up with July, August and September birthday babies.

Keep her family in your prayers.
Barb
Old 08-22-2014, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear that Barb... I will definitely pray for the family.