Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 AM

Looking forward to pictures Karen! I need some motivation on the tiny square quilts!

Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
I am having sew much fun playing with my candy! I have blocks completed for two quilts and more started for a third. Pictures soon.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 AM

Hi Ladies...hope everyone had a nice weekend. I know I did got to do two fun things!

1 ...went to a scrapbook crop on Friday and stayed until Saturday 9pm ! I am working on a scrapbook for my daughter and husband of their wedding. Finished that and am making a similar one for me. almost finished mine! did 52 pages in the two days.!!!!
Looking forward to being able to work on other photo projects...I have been working off and on their book for over a year!

2.....went to a quilt show with my mom. It was a really nice show and we know some of the quilters that put their quilts in it. All were very lovely.

Also forgot to mention at the scrapbook weekend their was a lady who was quilting not scrapbooking. She made 5 quilt tops in one weekend! I think most everything was cut for each project (but I did see her cutting some things out) and they were all beautiful....all patterns of some sort no two alike!

okay that made me exhausted...gotta go lay down :0
~b
Old 07-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Got my prize from Barbara... squares in tans and blues that happen to match the quilt I'm working on. Do you think she planned that?

The 2" squares swap I'm hosting still has a couple of days left for sign-ups. 7/31 is the last day, for those of you who are sitting on the fence. I'm already getting packages of squares in, and they are so cute! You don't want to miss this for your 2" collection. We all have scraps to cut!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:24 PM

Hi everyone, I have sent candy packages, today, to the August Birthday girls. They should be there before your birthday. Please PM me if there is a problem.
My sewing group has made 10 Quilts of Valor this summer. I challenge all of you to take this worthy project to your small groups and see how you can contribute. There is a great need.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Love your challenge trish b - our Quilts of Valor group made the 10 o'clock news for our efforts!
We ship quilting supplies to overseas in hospital vets to do handwork while they recover. The soldiers & nurses piece together blocks, return them to us, we add 3Bs (backing/batting/binding) & quilt it, then ship them back. It brings new meaning to Quilt of Valor! Which reminds me I need to turn in 12 blocks when we meet next weekend, gotta remember to take them home from the condo. Trish thank you so much for all your Quilts of Valor volunteer work
hugs,
dj
Old 07-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

I love it that you are making Quilts of Valor. Thank you for honoring our vets and service people!

Sending KathyM's birthday package today...
Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 AM

Just checking in - hope everyone is having a super summer
Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 AM

Kathy, I sent your package yesterday. Debbie, I am waiting so yours will be sent out closer to your b'day.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:29 PM

Hey it's Tuesday....and it is Tuesday Tips....

My tip today is a money saver. I use liquid fabric softener and soak a (I make 2 at a time) washcloth in it. Then I hang it to dry. I use this instead of fabric softener sheets. You can use them at least 15 times each. I put a safety pin on them as I toss them into the dryer to keep count for me.

Good for your pocket book and good for the environment!!! One bottle will do at least 200 loads of laundry.

Okay anyone else with a tip today????
Old 07-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

I forgot all about Tuesday Tips... but here's a late one: NEVER EVER EVER leave your purse locked in your car! I had mine hidden under the seat and was only out of the car for 30 minutes. I returned to find my driver's window smashed in and purse gone. My car has an alarm system which never went off because they didn't open the door! No matter how well hidden, DO NOT leave a purse in the car. We never think this can happen to us, until it does.