Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    IrelandDrdagonQuilting, we just got stuck in Buffalo overnight because of the massive pile-up between here & Sheridan. Should have just stopped in Casper (like I wanted to).

You should join in with us... (I'm sharing the peer pressure )
    Oh no I hope no one was seriously injured. I cannot succumb to the peer pressure, I would feel bad for my recipient because I cannot put in the time and effort
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    Ok, I succumbed to the indirect peer pressure. This will be my first swap too, I would love to participate

Yosamitesa, I forgot to add that I am not opposed to doing a whole cloth It definitely will stretch my skill set!

I've got a bunch. Will update tomorrow. First time kid free in 3 years. Out with hubby.

wow what are you doing here? you should be taking a hot bath, good music, candles, a glass of your favorite beverage and enjoying your peace and quiet! well if tam moo wouldn't mind a Christmas quilt then I guess I could signup.. pm you.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I, also am up for anyone UFO's the more off the wall the better lol ok so Im a little odd but whoever gets me feel free to use up ur UFO's
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    wow what are you doing here? you should be taking a hot bath, good music, candles, a glass of your favorite beverage and enjoying your peace and quiet! well if tam moo wouldn't mind a Christmas quilt then I guess I could signup.. pm you.
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Blog Entries
    but you have till August, so if you used some UFO's then you would only have to spend a couple of hours a months on it, that's only about 15 - 30 minutes a week???? come on, come play with us, you know you want to
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    Oh no I hope no one was seriously injured. I cannot succumb to the peer pressure, I would feel bad for my recipient because I cannot put in the time and effort
    Last edited by Short an Sweet; 12-29-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Veronica

Blog Entries
    I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??
    Debbie
    Machine It

I found that I have not one but three Christmas ufo's. One is red/green/cream sorry not white.. then one is aqua blue/ red/green/white more modern moda pattern I think and another that is blue/white with hints of red and green more vintage like. I am willing to make a nice quilt out of these blocks if someone is interested. I can perk them up with a lovely border and well think they will be a pretty addition to someones holiday décor lol.. ok ufo's trying a hard sell here lol. I have to get that box under control or go nuts! wait there is a Halloween set also that I could use.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I LOVE Halloween... I am working on a quilt that will have a checkerboard in the middle, the white squares are glow in the dark fabric and the black squares will have Halloween embroidery done in glow in the dark threads....
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I found that I have not one but three Christmas ufo's. One is red/green/cream sorry not white.. then one is aqua blue/ red/green/white more modern moda pattern I think and another that is blue/white with hints of red and green more vintage like. I am willing to make a nice quilt out of these blocks if someone is interested. I can perk them up with a lovely border and well think they will be a pretty addition to someones holiday décor lol.. ok ufo's trying a hard sell here lol. I have to get that box under control or go nuts! wait there is a Halloween set also that I could use.
    Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by applique View Post
    I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??
    I'd be happy to partner up w/ Debbie. I really want to see applique up close. It's one of the things I'm interested in learning more about. Seeing the back side will help me learn more too. I also qualify in the tight budget department but a lap quilt won't be a problem.
    Debbie, I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo so I have some understanding of what you're going thru though hands would be far worse. I hope your treatment is successful and that you're doing well.
    One thing though, I'm a beginner at quilting so while I'll do my best perfection isn't going to happen. I've seen a lot of truly beautiful quilts on this board and I'm just a bit intimidated.
    Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney; 12-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    One thing though, I'm a beginner at quilting so while I'll do my best perfection isn't going to happen. I've seen a lot of truly beautiful quilts on this board and I'm just a bit intimidated.
    Rodney
    Oh my gracious, do not be intimidated everyone is different, with different skills I am sure your work is fantastic!

One thing I learned over the years "No one is going to value your work if you do not value it first!" Try not to be too hard on yourself.

WELCOME!!! I have a ton of sign-ups to go through. Will update later.

We have a lot of returning members from last Q4Q and we have a TON of NEW swappers!!! WELCOME one and all. It is not about skill level here, it is about having fun, maybe learning something new, receiving a fantastic quilt and making new friends along the way.

We have 12/30 spaces filled, so there are 18 spaces left or 22 days left to fill this swap!!!

Here is a list of swappers so far!!! (If you need to drop out, let me know before January 24th)

oldcatlady
    zzmom
    Nexxus831
    TwinRiversFarm
    The Mama Hauser
    emc1118
    Short an Sweet
    lovngrandma
    roseirish48
    CarolynMT
    Elisabrat
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    I am so excited Just got a new book on quilting for the long arm, and it has some absolutely stunning patterns in it I would love to try out Plus trying out the quilting motifs as well. It is great to be able to do something for someone new.

Blog Entries
    cant wait to get my name and finding out what my partner likes,wants or needs. been looking at my collection of quilt magazines and have found couple I would love to do for my partner if they will fit the bill.

No I think I might match with you but I am not sure how we would work this.

Oops it looks like Debbie is already snatched up. If you still need me just send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by applique View Post
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 01-02-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: read additional posts
    Anna Quilts

I am thinking of posting a sample block from each group of blocks I have so you can see what I am taking about on my holiday quilt sets.. is anyone interesting in seeing them? I would love for these quilt blocks to find a reason to be sewn together and made into a quilt that would be enjoyed. (ie holler if any of them speak to you!).
    Linda

Annaquilts and Applique, I'm open to whatever works best for you.
    Annaquilts, if you're a better match for Applique, that's great. I think I misunderstood Applique's intent anyway.
    Applique, if I'm correct you were looking for someone who wouldn't participate due to finances who could help you finish your quilt and be able to participate that way.
    I originally thought Applique was looking for someone who wouldn't mind receiving an unfinshed quilt. I don't mind that at all, but if helping Applique finish her quilt gets someone who wouldn't participate otherwise into the swap then I'm all for it.
    I'm going to play regardless of who I'm partnered with.
    I'm open to anything on this swap so it's whatever works best for everyone.
    Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    No I think I might match with you but I am not sure how we would work this.

Oops it looks like Debbie is already snatched up. If you still need me just send a PM.
    You are welcome to come play with us!!! We would love to have you!

We have 13/30 spaces filled, so there are 17 spaces left or 21 days left to fill this swap!!!

Here is a list of swappers so far!!! (If you need to drop out, let me know before January 24th)

oldcatlady
    zzmom
    Nexxus831
    TwinRiversFarm
    The Mama Hauser
    emc1118
    Short an Sweet
    lovngrandma
    roseirish48
    CarolynMT
    Elisabrat
    Rodney
    Applique

Blog Entries
    Hey Brat - post those pictures! Now since you and I were partners last year, I can brag to everyone else that the quilt you made me is gorgeous, treasured and in demand around here. I had to take it OUT of my mother's suitcase before it was stolen right off the guest bed on me. This is such a fun swap, and accomodating everyone's skills, finances, whims and enthusiasm will be half the fun. Rodney - are you going to use one of your vintage machines??
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

TwinRiverFarm: Yes. They're all I own. After using them I really don't have any desire for a new one. The old ones are just too much fun. I do have a Singer Touch & Sew waiting for restoration and a Monkey Wards that's probably from the early 70s but that's as new as I want to go. I may end up using one of those for the actual quilting. My 1948 Singer 66 will get the piecing work. It only does a straight stitch but it does it quite well.
    The quilt snatching sounds like something my mother might have done. Take it for the compliment it is.
    Rodney

ah let mom have it lol nah keep it its in your colors thanks twinriversfarm for the nice compliment. love yours too but its not mine any longer the man has commandeered it from me and it sits on his chair for when he is cold.. its loved too.

pics to come this afternoon have to run out to clinic!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Annaquilts and Applique, I'm open to whatever works best for you.
    Annaquilts, if you're a better match for Applique, that's great. I think I misunderstood Applique's intent anyway.
    Applique, if I'm correct you were looking for someone who wouldn't participate due to finances who could help you finish your quilt and be able to participate that way.
    I originally thought Applique was looking for someone who wouldn't mind receiving an unfinshed quilt. I don't mind that at all, but if helping Applique finish her quilt gets someone who wouldn't participate otherwise into the swap then I'm all for it.
    I'm going to play regardless of who I'm partnered with.
    I'm open to anything on this swap so it's whatever works best for everyone.
    Rodney
    Thanks everyone! I have signed up for the swap and think it will be a blast! I plan to do a show and tell as I go so everyone can enjoy (and comment)! Here is a quilt for the guild. The flying owl has now been stitched down and needs one more row of blocks so I can do the backing. If I can get the piecing done (I will force myself) then it should be done by Wednesday since it will only take a day to applique the back which is sitting there patiently waiting while I grumble about piecing! The penguins are waiting too but I promised to not touch them until this is done and off to be quilted. I wouldn't bet on it though....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Debbie
    Machine It

Stunning quilt!!!

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast