Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

WOW that is amazing! I am speechless (which like almost never happens). that owl is going to be one heck of a great quilt!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    WOW that is amazing! I am speechless (which like almost never happens). that owl is going to be one heck of a great quilt!
    I agree - amazing!
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

I just pm'd a message to Yosamitese I hope I get to do this it sounds so fun and it will be interesting to see what everyones styles are. I am little intimidated thinking I haven't been quilting that long but I have so loved doing it.

OK, now i am really intimidated. That is just indescribable, beautiful and just downright amazing.

Wow Debbie! Wow!
    Anna Quilts

That's some truly beautiful work!
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    that owl quilt would fit so beautifully in my owl collection. it is absolutely fantastic

Rodney do you do repairs on the vintage machines? I live in Tacoma WA and picked up a machine that needs to be semi cleaned up and make sure it's in great working order. If you don't can you recommend someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    TwinRiverFarm: Yes. They're all I own. After using them I really don't have any desire for a new one. The old ones are just too much fun. I do have a Singer Touch & Sew waiting for restoration and a Monkey Wards that's probably from the early 70s but that's as new as I want to go. I may end up using one of those for the actual quilting. My 1948 Singer 66 will get the piecing work. It only does a straight stitch but it does it quite well.
    The quilt snatching sounds like something my mother might have done. Take it for the compliment it is.
    Rodney
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Debbie that quilt is beautiful. I absolutely LOVE it
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. Keep in mind I started quilting (hand applique about 40 years ago). So I could do most any type of quilting by hand. When the hands went bad due to chemo I had to go entirely with machine work and ONLY my applique translated well. My 40 year old machine does only straight and zig zag (no hopping foot available) since it is an industrial type machine which I love and can service myself. I once timed an effort; three weeks to piece a simple background and two and a half hours for the applique. I envy those who do such beautiful quilting and piecing but will be content with my corner.
    Yesterday I PLAYED. Traced and started to fuse hockey players, baseball players, mouse, rabbit, Amish girls, eagle, flowers etc. All now sitting in baggies ready to cut and assemble. Darn owl looks mad enough to eat them all!
    Debbie
    Machine It

Got lots of sign-ups. Will be going through and updating the list tomorrow. SO excited!!! I'm really excited to see all of the newbie quilters. ALL skill levels are welcome here. No one is perfect. I was intimidated last round when I participated. My partner made it easy with loving blue and white. I did a churn dash with all different centers. She made me a stunning fan quilt that my lil man (3 year old) keeps trying to steal because "it's pretty momma!!!" When I partner y'all up, there is a reason for who gets who. Y'all are making it easy this time. Just a couple more weeks and everyone can shop their stash or the stores and get started!!!

oh goody! boo! or is it Merry Christmas! lol whatever you pick! you do of course have to let Yosemitesa know if your interested in a quilt that is Halloween or Christmas oriented. pics still coming forgot to take them yesterday what a dork!
    Linda

WOW!!! We are REALLY filling up!!! We have 17/30 swappers already!!! WOO HOO!!!

Here are the swappers I have. If your name is not on the list, let me know ASAP. Also, if you have to drop out, please let me know before the 24th.

oldcatlady
    zzmom
    Nexxus831
    TwinRiversFarm
    The Mama Hauser
    emc1118
    Short an Sweet
    lovngrandma
    roseirish48
    CarolynMT
    Elisabrat
    Rodney
    Applique
    J_cody
    mamawalsh
    Crqltr
    Annaquilts

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    Rodney do you do repairs on the vintage machines? I live in Tacoma WA and picked up a machine that needs to be semi cleaned up and make sure it's in great working order. If you don't can you recommend someone?
    I won't claim to be anywhere near an expert. I just started playing with these machines a few months ago. The old machines tend to be pretty sturdy and idiot proof. It's actually pretty hard to kill one. I'm happy to take a look and see what I can do for you. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    Hello ladies, this will be my second year, i loved my swap last year , and my partner loved hers, we were partnered up really swell, im a hand quilter so my parnters quilt will be hand quilted, i have a machine but im still learning how to do it, still doing mug rugs adn pot holders, learning all my feet it has, lol, so its hand for me , i will be happy to be partnered up with anyone, who loves to quilt, im not a perfectionist , and oh how i love color, and oh man that owl was fantastic, it did look alive, right now im making 3 baby quilts one boy and 2 girls, and jsut as soon as i find out what the other one will be ill make another one, ginger rose is one, asia is aone and jace is one, so im pretty busy, got a few more todo by the middle of the year but these are toddler quilts lap ones not baby ones, looking foward to seeing who im partnered with , a quilty lady patiently waiting for her sweet partner lol in the snow and cold woohoo
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries

Christmas

this is a reply to the post about trading guess i did soemthing wrong silly m e again

Oh i love Christmas any time of year, adn santa adn angels, oh boy, id trade, i have a few UFO-s not enough for a quilt, of any size, at all, guess i finish to many of my projects, so what u wantin for the rade, u lookin for this year in a quilt,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    What the heck?! I just wander around a little bit and see that this wonderful exchange is happening again. Hmmm, can I get one done by August. I am on a pledge not to start anything new this year but to finish the kits and UFOs that I have already accumulated. Going to have to send in my info but first check out what I have to offer. I know I have this red/black dancing feet Robbing Peter to Pay Paul quilt that has been started, or is it one of those scrap bag quilts I started, or a Buggy Barn chick quilt I started, or a log cabin I started, or a hunter star in fairy frost, or a fall colored quilt with assorted blocks, or an anitque block quilt, or a plaid quilt, or, the list goes on. These ones stay in the size requirement.
    Thinking an applique quilt would be wonderful to have. Hint applique person who can do that part, but not the quilting which I can do quite well.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Just sent you a PM, I'm up for the challenge. Taking a break from kids quilts this year. More about me.

Blog Entries
    What the heck?! I just wander around a little bit and see that this wonderful exchange is happening again. Hmmm, can I get one done by August. I am on a pledge not to start anything new this year but to finish the kits and UFOs that I have already accumulated. Going to have to send in my info but first check out what I have to offer. I know I have this red/black dancing feet Robbing Peter to Pay Paul quilt that has been started, or is it one of those scrap bag quilts I started, or a Buggy Barn chick quilt I started, or a log cabin I started, or a hunter star in fairy frost, or a fall colored quilt with assorted blocks, or an anitque block quilt, or a plaid quilt, or, the list goes on. These ones stay in the size requirement.
    Thinking an applique quilt would be wonderful to have. Hint applique person who can do that part, but not the quilting which I can do quite well.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

YEA!!! Welcome Gannyrosie!!! Quilter Momma, you know you want to join us!!!

phew not alone on wanting to use ufo's up.. they are lovely its just I get myself side tracked and off on other projects.. over and over and starting not finishing is plum dumb so this is tremendous for me to use these beautiful things up. omg just peaked out the window the sky is a crimson/salmon color with light blue above stunning. absolutely stunning I peak throught the branches of the trees without leaves across the street so the stark black of the branches against the rising sun colors.. wow a painting waiting to happen. get over here! Quick!!
    Linda

So glad people are getting excited about this one!!! I'm excited. Hope I don't mess up the partnering.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fine. This is all in fun and I know I'm excited to know who my partner will be and what they would like so I can get started.
    Rodney

well this sounds so good I want to play too!! I have lots of ufo's.I will pm you.

YEA!!! Sign-ups are looking good!!! So...I need everyone to check their in/sent boxes and make sure you have room in them. If possible, please clean out some of your sent or received messages. The message system on here allows a total of 500 in/sent messages in your mailbox. When in doubt, look at the bottom of your in box screen and it will tell you how many messages you have out of your 500 limit.

I've tried to send a couple of people pm's the last couple of days and they keep getting bounced back....

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast