Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 07-13-2016, 01:23 PM

Default Anyone Up For A Contest?

To say Thank You to everyone I would like to host a contest. Please PM your answers by Midnight, Friday July 15th.

Seven questions for the 7th month of July.....
1) What is the "Frog Stitch"?
2) What was the first year for the Row-by-Row?
3) Quilt comes the the Lain word _____________
4) What quilt was popular in the early 1800's?
5) During World War 2 Signature Quilts were popular. What was embroidered on the blocks?
6) Anoka MN is known as the ____________ of the World.
7) What are the names of my Dogs? (Hint, there are only 3 of them?

The prize will be a License Plate from the Millie P's Quilt Shop in Anoka.

If you are not participating in the Row-by-Row please play and let me know that you are not interested in a License Plate. I will come up with another great prize for you.

Prize will be mailed Monday, July 18th.

Have fun everyone!!!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:23 PM

Request------Who was asking for Halloween candies, I have quite a few and would pass them on. Was it one of you with August or September.Birthday? Also I have Christmas fabrics in candies if any of you are making a project for that season. I can include them with your Birthday Candies. Please let me know.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 07-13-2016, 03:25 PM

Thank-you again to my swap friends ~
Received 6-25
Sunrise450
Jaba
Imanna
dotcomdtcm
JENNR8R
Patrick's Mom
<3<3<3<3<3<3
Here are more wonderful surprises that came in the MAIL
7-1 it's so much fun going to the mailbox!
Barbara Kibler
DjMat
NLS
MizMelly

<3<3<3<3
Received 7-6 Thank-you ladies!
Happylab
Anoka quilter
Crispy_Frog
Gaijin
<3<3<3<3

Received a plump birthday card yesterday!
July 8th
SheriR
<3

Received another squishy envelope in the mail!
July 9th
trishb
<3

Yesterday was a BONANZA day at the mailbox!

Cards Received JULY 12TH
Mariposa
Moonrise
CLMay
ZoZee
Leesewzany

<3<3<3<3<3

Last edited by onaemtnest; 07-13-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

My cards to Onaemtnest and Fraew are in the mailbox to go out tomorrow...
Old 07-13-2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Request------Who was asking for Halloween candies, I have quite a few and would pass them on. Was it one of you with August or September.Birthday? Also I have Christmas fabrics in candies if any of you are making a project for that season. I can include them with your Birthday Candies. Please let me know.
I'm an August b'day girl, but I didn't request Halloween candies. I don't do much w/ that holiday. Have no immediate plans for using Christmas candies, but I won't turn them down either.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 07-14-2016, 06:04 AM

Just checking in. Been a very busy time the past 4-6 weeks.Grandaughter graduated,open house one weekend,graduation next weekend.took RV to river for the summer.been there until this week.Family reunion last Sunday and brought home 2 grandsons for 2-3 weeks.Daughter and her family coming this weekend.got to get binding on mug rug and mail last 2 July Birthday cards.hope I can run sweeper before Friday! Hope it slows down for a week or so.Hope everyone is enjoying this hot Summer!!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Rosemary I feel tired just reading what you have been doing! Sounds like you need a quilting break for yourself.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM

Good afternoon. Tomorrow I'll mail the candy packages for our two remaining July birthday girls, Fraew and Onaemtnest. Look for them some time next week.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:39 PM

I'm mailing out candies to Fraew and Onaemtnest tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:09 AM

Forgot to post that I put the second two July treats into the mail on Monday..... it now is Friday.

I have spent this week with my two oldest grandchildren, Ana- 12.5 and Kyle 11. My granddaughter made her first jelly roll race quilt top! It is the background that will have a chubby applique snowman on it. The best part of this quilting tale is my technology and mathematics driven grandson did a terrific job laying out a quilt for me. My guild does a mystery quilt each year so I had finished all the blocks and had the final lay out directions in hand. I gave him some minor directions and the grid for the layout and turned him lose to lay out the quilt on my living room floor. He found patterns in the colors, began looking at the balance of light/dark, secondary patterns, and on and on. He now "gets" how mathematical quilting really is. It isn't just pretty pieces of cloth. It is angles, points, color balance, the fun of changing the placement of a few squares to make a new secondary or repeated sequence of color or shape. I hope to have my Farmer's Wife blocks all finished for when he comes to visit next year. We will have even more fun! A grammie needs to influence her grandchildren and I am so proud to have found away to expose this tech driven young man with my passion for quilting.... well beyond snuggling under one of my quilts with his IPad in hand. His sister wants to quilt but hasn't caught the drive to finish anything. I am gently nudging. I left the room while she used the machine this time and she feels so accomplished.

I have to take them back to Indianapolis today so my quilting buddies will be away until perhaps the Christmas holiday. What will I have ready for them by then????? HUMMMM Open for any new ideas!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 07-15-2016 at 04:13 AM.