Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 02-20-2016, 07:13 AM

I am ready to start sending! Barb, hope all goes well for the surgery. Jaba, sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well. It takes time to heal especially for your hand!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:22 AM

Barb, I hope all goes well for your daughter.

welcome back all pervious swappers and the new swappers. Yea!!!!we have 28 swappers. Yea!!! ��

I have been been busy selecting my fabrics for this swap. I will start cutting this next week. I need to go out and find some bd cards. Then happy stuffing I will go. I so enjoy this process. I especially enjoy seeing everyone's finished projects. I get such great inspirational ideas from here.

Do we have a date range for the sew along? Just wondering, so I make sure to check in on those dates and sew along.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Nice to see some familiar names. Looking forward to this! Barb & Jaba-I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Do we have a date range for the sew along? Just wondering, so I make sure to check in on those dates and sew along.
First sewalong starts MARCH 4th. There will be a new step to work on for the following 4 Fridays. The first date (March 4) covers fabrics and what kind to pull together for your project. It will be the Arkansas Crossroads Quilt and will be hosted by ME! Barb asked me to go first!

The best thing for all members to do is subscribe to this thread, and then check back in by clicking on "settings" whenever you come to the board. It will show you any new posts in the threads you subscribe to. It saves you time and keeps you from missing anything. With the sewalongs this year, I highly recommend that everyone subscribe to this thread, if you haven't already.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
First sewalong starts MARCH 4th. It will be the Arkansas Crossroads Quilt and will be hosted by ME! Barb asked me to go first!
Now I'm super excited!! Why? I have one started (a UFO of course) so I can "sew along" and get the UFO done! Yahoo! Thank you for hosting.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:36 AM

First sewalong starts MARCH 4th. There will be a new step to work on for the following 4 Fridays. The first date (March 4) covers fabrics and what kind to pull together for your project. It will be the Arkansas Crossroads Quilt and will be hosted by ME! Barb asked me to go first!

The best thing for all members to do is subscribe to this thread, and then check back in by clicking on "settings" whenever you come to the board. It will show you any new posts in the threads you subscribe to. It saves you time and keeps you from missing anything. With the sewalongs this year, I highly recommend that everyone subscribe to this thread, if you haven't already.
Would you be so kind as to go into a little more detail of what the sewalong entails for perhaps not just me, but other newbies to this swap? But then again maybe I'm the only one that needs a little hand holding in explaining sewalong with this group. :0)
Old 02-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Would you be so kind as to go into a little more detail of what the sewalong entails for perhaps not just me, but other newbies to this swap? But then again maybe I'm the only one that needs a little hand holding in explaining sewalong with this group. :0)
Well, we are all newbies to this, as we have never had these quiltalongs in our birthday swap before! Barb is trying to help us use our accumulated candies so we can play again every year (rather than drown in candy.) It's great incentive from a great 'idea gal'... Barbara.

All you need to do is check in on that first Friday (March 4) and follow along. If you have no candies at all, you might want to save some of what you are cutting for swaps, for yourself. Or just keep cutting those scraps until you have enough to participate. OR, if you'd rather wait until your birthday and your candy avalanche, you can save the instructions and make the quilt then. Just read along, even if you don't participate.

Hope everyone has some candy to start with. Cut those small scraps you have! Jelly rolls cut into candy very nicely, too.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Now I'm super excited!! Why? I have one started (a UFO of course) so I can "sew along" and get the UFO done! Yahoo! Thank you for hosting.
Yay! How far along is yours?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:41 PM

Well, we are all newbies to this, as we have never had these quiltalongs in our birthday swap before! Barb is trying to help us use our accumulated candies so we can play again every year (rather than drown in candy.) It's great incentive from a great 'idea gal'... Barbara.

All you need to do is check in on that first Friday (March 4) and follow along. If you have no candies at all, you might want to save some of what you are cutting for swaps, for yourself. Or just keep cutting those scraps until you have enough to participate. OR, if you'd rather wait until your birthday and your candy avalanche, you can save the instructions and make the quilt then. Just read along, even if you don't participate.

Hope everyone has some candy to start with. Cut those small scraps you have! Jelly rolls cut into candy very nicely, too.
Thanks for the reply, Arkansas Crossroads is one of my favorite patterns! Thank-you too for hostessing this which is the 1st of hopefully more quilt alongs!
Old 02-20-2016, 01:45 PM

Yay! How far along is yours?
All of my 16 patches are done. X-blocks are cut and ready to sew.