Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 10-20-2016, 03:55 PM

I made that pattern in 3" squares and thought it would be nice in 2" instead. SBG, I like the quilting pattern you used. I just did the stitch in the ditch... Have you got it bound?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
I made that pattern in 3" squares and thought it would be nice in 2" instead. SBG, I like the quilting pattern you used. I just did the stitch in the ditch... Have you got it bound?
Yes, it's been finished for a while... I just couldn't find a picture of it with the binding on. I have too many pics on my computer to sort through!

Everyone, this is my friend Givio (Trisha). She's a board member and has done the Farmer's Wife Sampler QAL that I joined late, plus she is running the Round Robin swap on the board. I'm trying to talk her into joining our birthday group for next year's go round.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

Oh, and Givio is an Amazing fussy cutter, as you can see in her avatar!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 10-21-2016, 05:43 AM

SBG, It was an easy sell. :-) I'd like to join. I don't celebrate my birthday, so I didn't think about joining before.

In years past, I did some of the swaps for the 2 1/2" candies. I've got a top in progress from those swaps-- I didn't have enough to finish what I'd planned for it at the time. It was one of the first tops I started when I got back into quilting after a 30-year break (for raising my sons), so at the time I didn't have much of a stash. I did a few swaps for the 'I Spy' 5" blocks too. I have 5 granddaughters, and I'm dreamin' to make them each of them an 'I Spy' twin size quilt.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:45 AM

Hi Givio, hope you enjoy checking us out. We are a great group and a few of us have been a round for a few years. This was year 3 for me. My birthday was in July.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Year 3 for me too. Every year I think I have too many candies to join again, but I would hate to miss this group so I always challenge myself with some projects to use up many candies. This time it's going to be a scrappy Irish Chain.

Givio, we are going to celebrate your birthday! You need to remember how special you are on your very own special day. We will help....
Old 10-21-2016, 05:23 PM

So wonderful on your birthday to have 25-30 pkgs of sweet charms & lovely cards! I'm a near Christmas birthday & this board has given me a new lease on my mostly forgotten day. You've no idea that struggle my whole life and cannot count how many parties I hosted for others on theirs & they still forgot because they get holiday busy!! They do take me fishing in the summer, but golly when it's my bd I just keep quiet now, except on this board with these glorious quilters. You're gonna love it, it is so uplifting! God bless them all!!!!
Looking forward to the next bd swap, all new fabric, too!
hugs,
dj
Old 10-21-2016, 05:27 PM

Showbizgirl, what a lovely swoon quilt.

Givio, this is a great swap all year. I really enjoy the chat, ideas, and candy.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:45 PM

That is an amazing box of goodies for you Jenn!!!! looking forward to opening all my packages.

I received another package from Anoka Quilter. thanks so much ...it looks very interesting!

Barb
Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I finished opening my birthday cards today. I opened one envelope a day to make nearly a month of celebrations! (Okay, I confess... I opened the last three today...)

Every candy in the box below is from a different fabric. It blows my mind to think of how many different fabrics there are in the world. I'll finally be able to make a scrap quilt with no repeats! That never would have been possible without this swap.

I separated the stack of blues from the rest to go into an all blue/white scrap quilt. I've been collecting blue candies for a long time and never thought I had enough to start the quilt. An extra special thank you to Rosemary Attaway for sending all blue candies.

A big thank you to all of you for making my birthday very special this year! <virtual hugs=""></virtual>
Old 10-21-2016, 05:48 PM

Well good job SEwbizgirl...givio has already sent me her information for next years swap.