Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 02-23-2016, 12:35 PM

I'm not participating this year, but I will have to peek in every once in a while and see what's going on. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! The quilt alongs are a great idea!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:15 PM

Hi Ladies...

Djmat....you rock! love the organization...just to let you all know her system works she was never late!!!

SheriR...thanks for the kind words for my daughter. As a mother we feel completely helpless when it comes to their health. I am so glad that your daughter is on the mend also. Your granddaughters is adorable...I get to get a pink baby in about a month. So looking forward to that sweet little girl.

Jennr8r LOVE the scrappy log cabin quilt...ohhhhhhh

Kele feel free to pop in and check us out. Feel free to check out the QAL's too!

Sewbizgirl... funny story about having a first grandchild. When Henry my first grandson was born of course we were all smitten by this sweet little boy. My son had sent text message to myself and the other grandma say "hey does anyone have any D batteries for the swing. Well 5 minutes later both grandmas were at the door ...batteries in hand. SO when you hear you are gonna be a grandma stock up on batteries!

Also sewbizgirl had a great idea of cutting up your scraps. After I am done with a project I cut all my scraps up. I make them the following sizes....from largest to smallest.
First I will make ...fat quarters
Then I cut 2.5"x any size strips
2.5" x 5" (coins)
2.5" squares (candy)
This is also the same way I put them in boxes. So I have a fat quarter box, a 2.5" box. a coin box and a candy box. This makes it very easy when working on a project.

Also another way to get scraps is just ask your quilting friends. I am in a group and seem to be the one that they give their leftovers too. Lucky me. If I do get leftover fabrics as long as I like them I cut them up to the above sizes.

Barb
Old 02-23-2016, 07:39 PM

The long awaited Party List!!!!!!!!!

1. Please make sure you subscribe to this thread so you will be completely in the know.
2. Please check in at least once a month so I know that you are around.
3. Fridays will be our QAL day so make sure you check the thread to see what is up! and what were are doing for the week. (Completely optional to do the QAL).
4. As the birthday girl YOU MUST post a thank you when you receive your package. Please try to post on your birthday or the day after so I know if anyone is late.
5. Anytime before their birthday or on the birthday is considered on time. Late is considered the day after their birthday.
6. This year I will let you have up to 2 birthdays late. If you have 3 or more you will not be able to participate in the following years birthday swap. Also when you have 3 or more birthdays late you will get NEGATIVE feedback.
I hate to do Negative feedback....please don't make me do it.
7. Sorry for all the rules...but it must be fair to everyone.

Here's the list:

March
no one

April
9- Sewbizgirl
24- Sunrise450
27- Mariposa

May
1-Jaba
20-Moonrise
23-Gaijin

June
1- lmanna
9-Patrick's Mom
11- Crispy_Frog

July
9- nls
11- Anoka quilter
28- Onaemtnest
28- Fraew

August
19- dotcomdtcm
23- Clmay
26- ZoZee
29- Leesewzany

September
4- trish b
18- WMUteach

Oct 12
12- Jennr8r
23-Barbarakibler23

Nov
28- Happylab

Dec
16- Old cat lady
23- DjMat
27- MizMelly

Jan
none

February
3- SheriR
17- Rosemary Attaway
22- Janice McC

Welcome everyone to the swap.

First addresses will come out around March 20 if anyone is going to be out of town and needs them sooner please let me know.

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 02-23-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kele View Post
I'm not participating this year, but I will have to peek in every once in a while and see what's going on. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! The quilt alongs are a great idea!
Come back and do some of the quiltalongs with us, kele, so you will have room in your stash to participate next time!
Old 02-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for that list Barb. We are pretty evenly distributed this year, except for the two months with no birthdays. Those can be our 'get ready' and 'get ready again' months!

Looks like our first quiltathon will be taking place before our first birthdays... on March 4. Obviously it will benefit those of us who already have tons of candy coming out of the woodwork (who, me?), but also our newbies can play if they cut up some scraps. Like Barb, I'm blessed to be the one everyone gives their small scraps to in my quilting group.

I plan to Quiltathon Til My Candies are Gone. That's going to be my mantra for this year. Maybe I'll be able to close the candy drawers again soon.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:00 AM

We haven't even begun & already have so many cool things to ponder that we can make, sure hope I can get free to do a quiltalong. It will be a wonderful year!
hugs,
dj
Old 02-24-2016, 06:34 AM

This is such a well thought out organized swap. I'm so happy to be part of it. I'm really looking forward to our first QAL. I think I have that pattern "somewhere".Thank you Barbara for hosting!
Old 02-24-2016, 06:56 AM

I have two of those Tidy Cat 40 lb bins full of scraps, and I appreciate Barb's cutting plan for scraps. I guess I will start working on those bins this weekend and get more candies cut for the QAL! thanks for the motivation and idea!!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:41 AM

I have been in this swap for the past two years, so I have a stash that can be used. I have about 4 blocks made for Growing Up Odd, so haven't even made a dent in my candies yet. Guess I better get a shorting.

Any good tips for sorting out the candies?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:29 AM

Good Mantra to live by........

I plan to Quiltathon Til My Candies are Gone. That's going to be my mantra for this year. Maybe I'll be able to close the candy drawers again soon.