Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 02-24-2016, 08:30 AM

my pleasure.....hope everyone has a great time this year.

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
This is such a well thought out organized swap. I'm so happy to be part of it. I'm really looking forward to our first QAL. I think I have that pattern "somewhere".Thank you Barbara for hosting!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:32 AM

well MizMelly (love your winking cat) looks like you have your work "cut" out for you
Old 02-24-2016, 08:44 AM

hmmm sorting out candy...

That is the hardest part. I bought these really cute containers that stack (probably 6 x 8") they have a green top on them I think I got them at Joanns. You can add to them and just make a large tower. Mine is about 3 feet

So with that being said...I did start when I was a newbie and sorted out my candies in these cute containers by color. I bought more containers when I need more. That was a perfect world when the amount of candies were manageable. NOW I have a ton (but I love them) and they are just carefully stacked in shoe boxes. So I still have my ever growing tower and add to it while I'm watching TV but mostly I take out ....holiday, kids eye spy, teals (making something for my sister) patriotic and batiks.

Also it's hard sometimes a candy has many colors??? then what do I do with it????

Also keep in mind some patterns say random...I made a quilt where I put squares in a bag and had to pull them out and chain them in pairs. Not knowing what was coming next was kinda fun and it looked great.

Okay anyone else have sorting ideas????????

Barb

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I have been in this swap for the past two years, so I have a stash that can be used. I have about 4 blocks made for Growing Up Odd, so haven't even made a dent in my candies yet. Guess I better get a shorting.

Any good tips for sorting out the candies?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:46 AM

Oh, no, last again I see!!! I've just had my birthday and I've got candy and goodies spread out all over the living room. It's so much fun to open everything up. It's worth the wait.

I still have to go back and read all the posts for this year. I've been a bit swamped so I'm behind here. Will work on that later this week. In the meantime, welcome to the newbies and returning candy swappers. I'm sure it will be another great swap year!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:37 AM

That's a permanent wink, My Jack is a one-eyed kitty. But I like to think he's winking at the world!

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
well MizMelly (love your winking cat) looks like you have your work "cut" out for you
Old 02-24-2016, 10:15 AM

Hi everyone....I'm looking forward to lurking and joining you on the Friday sew-a-longs (so I can use up my candies from last year). I hope you all work really hard to continue to keep this one of the best swaps on the board. Barbara is so organized and wants to help you too! Attached is a spreadsheet you can use to keep track of when you've sent and when it's been received throughout the swap. Maybe it can help you keep on track, but Barbara uses something like this and it seems to work for her. Have a great year!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2016 Birthdays.pdf (183.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 AM

Hi Barbara, here's your list too.....I will try to send both to you via e-mail for your files too! Have a great swapping year!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2016 Birthdays_Barbaras List.pdf (184.1 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 AM

NoraB, thank you so much for doing the list. That was so great of you considering you are not even in the swap this year.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:41 AM

Pardon me if I missed a post answering this question, but for the quilt-along with candies, is there a particular suggested pattern, or are we doing our own thing and just posting pics and such on Fridays? I've never done one except a BH mystery quilt. How's this one gonna be handled?
Old 02-24-2016, 01:37 PM

NoraB you ROCK!!!! Thanks for the List.
hugs,
dj