Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 08-14-2020, 03:51 PM

I got Jaba's quilt today...ideas are percolating

Also worked on TG border some more today. All the little blocks are sewn, just have to finish trimming them...

Old 08-14-2020, 04:29 PM

Will watch for it, LeeAnn, thanks!
Old 08-15-2020, 04:53 AM

Mona's quilt should be arriving in the mail today. I ordered the embroidery designs this morning (They were having 10 designs for $20 so I got a good deal on them). Will be selecting thread and fabric, and if I need anything, DH and I have a trip into Sioux Falls on Tuesday (he has a mechanical appointment). Now that we live two hours away, we rarely get there during the week so I'll be able to visit my favorite sewing machine place (they aren't open on the weekends in the summer) and they have a nice selection of embroidery thread.

I've been working on the quilt kit, it's a sort of a log cabin with some embroidery that goes in the center of the quilt after it's assembled. So it makes it look like a medallion quilt when it's not. It's named Fiddlesticks and Fancies. I don't buy kits that often, but the LQS had a finished one on the wall, and I fell in love with it - plus I had a 40% off one item coupon.

fiddlesticks and fancies
Old 08-15-2020, 06:51 AM

Macybaby, fiddlesticks and fancies is so pretty. Love aqua and browns. I'm also showing your package to arrive today,.

Carriem, hope you are healing up and not over doing your wrist.

Our weather in North Georgia has turned cooler and we are in the rains again. I truly feel like we are now in a rain forest! It has been so wet, I've not been able to weed my garden and my weeds are now over my head!!! If it was not for the sunflowers, I would have hubbie mow the whole thing down.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:52 AM

Macybaby, I've always liked Kim Diehl fabrics. Sort of anatique/civil war type prints. It's amazing what a change a little of applique made on that pattern! Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:58 AM

Just checking in, waiting for my next round to arrive (which could be today).

I've been working on a Bonnie Hunter Frolic UFO, it's getting to the exciting part where almost all the sub-units are made and I can start putting blocks together. Yesterday I made all the missing blue/red HST units, today I need to cut neutral backing squares (fabric is lined up ready to go). Organization on this project was tough, since I don't have to exactly follow the mystery directions, I'm going to put each set of the block subunits into baggies, and then I can start on the assembly. Today's goal is just to cut and organize and get ready to put on the back burner once my round arrives

I've been waiting for time to feed the dogs and for the Dollar Store to open so I can buy cheap sandwich bags, they will be just the right size and I can write on the bags with markers and so can quit counting and recounting what I've done so far. The time is now!

You all have a great day and stay safe no matter what you are doing.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Macybaby, that’s a gorgeous LC quilt! I can see why you fell in love.

Been working on my scrappy while I wait for my round to arrive. I made what seems like a billion 9 patches that finish out at 5”, but it’s only enough for two sides. So I need to keep making...

Reminder for group 1: Your mailing deadline is today.

Have a nice day, everyone!
Old 08-15-2020, 08:53 AM

I am really getting concerned about USPS and need imput. Bugaroo center has had a round by MacyBaby and a round by Jaba and was mailed to from WY to AZ on Aug 3rd. We have tracking that states it is in transit on Aug 4th and then nothing. Question is how long do we wait?? And Bugaroo - how long do you want to wait?? and do you want to make a new center and start it around again?
This is so beautifully done and my heart just aches that it is sitting somewhere out there.
Attached Thumbnails bugaroo2byjaba.jpg  
Old 08-15-2020, 09:01 AM

It's been interesting all the stories about the mail slow downs... my first inkling of anything going on was with the first mailing. My lobby hours had been changed and other services cut back as well as the number of outgoing mail rounds. Plus in the fine print on the receipt it said that "oh btw, that 3 day service you are paying for should now be counted as 5 days". There are no other notices about that until after you've paid.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:32 AM

*SIGH* ....I watch this thread diligently ....hoping to see pictures of the quilt building....but I must have missed most of them....everyone does post a picture as they add their round...right? So-o-o is it my age and I missed what I should have seen? or are the pictures not really being posted????
What I see, I love. Just want to see all of these beauties!