Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 10-29-2021, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Sewbizgirl, That looks like a great quilt to do with the Xmas squares that are about to be traded. Gotta love stars at Christmas time! What is the name of the fb candy group? I wanna look at pictures.
I belong to a group called "Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts". Not a candy group, per se, but a lot of the quilts shown use candies. It's fun and inspiring to see what everyone is posting, just like here.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:38 PM

Sometimes I wish I had Facebook for all the quilting groups. Such a cute quilt, SBG.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:11 PM

Hi October Birthday Girl, I am so sorry to miss your Birthday. HAPPY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!
I am not even sure how to describe this month, but I finally feel I have some time to just sit and do some reading and maybe some quilting again. My mother has Alzheimer, it is getting progressively worse since Covid.This month she had left the house twice. The first time, my father was able to find her fairy quickly. The second time, she was missing for more than 24 hours. We have no idea where she went and spent the night. My parents are overseas. With quarantine requirements and a 1st grader, going to see them is not possible at this time. We have been trying to help my father from here, but I am feeling very helpless most of the time. Sorry to be such a downer.
Have a wonderful Halloween. My baby dressed as Cinderella to school yesterday. She came home and told me "princess is so last year".
Old 10-30-2021, 05:16 PM

Hello Ahwu...I sorry to hear that your mom has alzheimer's. I am sure that is very difficult for you. You have many friends here and you know we are here for you.

Barb
Old 10-30-2021, 05:18 PM

looks like I received my last package from aborning...thank you so much, looking forward to putting them into a future quilt.

Barb

Happy Halloween everyone
Old 10-30-2021, 07:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's Alzheimer's, ahwu. It must have been so scary when she went missing twice!

​​​​​​So cute how your daughter described princesses, Lol!
Old 10-31-2021, 07:06 AM

Oh Ahwu, that is heartbreaking. There is nothing worse than being too far away to help. Is your dad in good enough shape to be coping with this or is he totally overwhelmed? As Barabara said, we are here for you! Hugs and prayers!
Old 10-31-2021, 08:50 AM

I'm getting ready to start cutting winter squares! Here is a picture of the new holiday fabrics I bought (I have plenty in stash too, so lots of variety). And a pick of the top I'm working on. This is a modification of the design called "Alaska" and I think that is a modification of storm at sea. It was very fun, and a real treat to get some sewing done after being away from my sewing room!

Attached Thumbnails 20211031_110331.jpg   20211031_111253.jpg  
Old 10-31-2021, 10:56 AM

That is an awesome bunch of fabrics to start playing with! The top is really amazing and beautiful.

I'm so in awe of those of you who can get quilt top projects finished.

I haven't finished my green ghost for halloween but it has been sitting on my dining table i various stages of flimsy for many days now. I'll show it off when I have it ready to hang. Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 10-31-2021, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
My baby dressed as Cinderella to school yesterday. She came home and told me "princess is so last year".
Your daughter is too funny, Ahwu! I'm sure she was a beautiful princess.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
This is a modification of the design called "Alaska" and I think that is a modification of storm at sea. It was very fun, and a real treat to get some sewing done after being away from my sewing room!
That's a beautiful quilt, Macybaby, like everything you do. I also like the one under it in the picture, which looks like a pretty bargello?

Waiting for Trick or Treaters here... hope we get some.