Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 04-26-2021, 10:19 AM

NZ - I admire your strength to overcome past differences and to make the last time together valuable for both of you. I pray there is a miracle in store for your dad. I am sorry you have this road to travel. We are all here for you!
Old 04-26-2021, 10:19 AM

Wendy, Life as a guinea pig is never easy. Thank you for letting the doctors experiment on you. The lessons you give them will help everyone in the long haul. It sounds like things are better and that is great. And you will continue to get better. Be sure to find something to laugh at every day!

And if you aren't already taking Lysine (antiviral), Zinc (antiviral), Vitamin D (healthier lungs), Vitamin C (antiviral and healer), and Vitamin B (mood stabilizer and healer) regularly you should start. I like the fast C/B/zinc delivery system that Emergen-C 1000 mg provides. Be sure to take the vitamins on a full stomach or the zinc may make you a bit nauseated. I take a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement from CVS that seems to keep me healthy, too. If you have never checked out EARTH CLINIC (online) you may enjoy hearing what everyone around the world is doing to help themselves heal from the long haul problem. Never add a supplement unless the doctor says it is ok! You can search out contraindications online as well. And you can search out foods rich with those minerals and vitamins, too, like cashews are rich in zinc.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:07 PM

NZquilter - I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be thinking of you both.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:22 PM

Wow, all it takes is one or two of us to be in need of a little emotional support and look at us all jumping in.

Wendy, I have a church acquaintance who is a long hauler. It has been almost a year now. She had tried everything in the book and ended up with a nutrition based doctor. She is not any better but she is not being poked and prodded as much. She is no worse for going off all of the medication except good food and vitamins and supplements for general good health. I am not recommending it for every one, of course not. For her it was OK to do.

I am sure, absolutely sure that there are many, many research studies going on to find the key to unlock the COVID mystery of why some recover so well and others inch along and suffer as you have. The challenge with research it is takes so long. When you are in the middle of a personal episode, who wants to wait five years or more for study results. But like another said, you are helping others down the line. My mom did that with her cancer treatments 40 some years ago. She was the guinea pig that helped my generation need less harsh treatments and less medication as a whole to treat cancer. For that I am thrilled.

NZ- you are doing the best thing for you, of course, but also for your day. He will rest easier knowing you are reaching out toward him even when feelings were bad at one time. You have a gift of time and are using it well. Good for you and pats on the back for being brave.

As you can see........Quilty friends are the best!
Old 04-27-2021, 04:18 AM

My Bday candies are going in the mail today.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:04 AM

I sure hope my life comes back, it's been a long time to be on oxygen, what? 4.5 months now.

But, I was just thinking about sorting charms. I've got to start another tote, (17x11) full of just the 2.5's. I've a face high stack of these boxes full of yumminess. Most of me wants to just lay here and try to recover from vacating last week.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:07 AM

NZ
Sending you spackle and paste.

Families are hard. Mom lived with us for 10 years and just went to live with my sister across the country when my health took a dive. She wasn't far behind me and we landed in the same hospital back in January. Hopefully she's recovering, we haven't heard from her no matter how many messages we leave. Families are hard, your doing great.

Last edited by WendyMcD; 04-27-2021 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:14 AM

Ibex
I take a handful of vitamins, minerals and many supplements as I started all of this with FMS, SLE, HBP and a bunch of other stuff I wont bore you with. When I was in the hospital the first time they sent me home with a large box of new meds. They caused a severe GI bleed so back to the hospital I went. Took 4 hours for them to get me out of the ambulance and into the ER. I was on one of those boards, the one's you see them hauling people up a hill on, that one. I've several, chronic back problems that I get surgically aided throughout the year. Strapped to that board, I almost couldn't speak for the pain once I got into the ER. Anyway,,, side track there. So yeah, Turmeric, MSM, wow my brains! there's a lot, all that you mentioned and many more. I've an entire tea tray full of them, those 3 layer stainless tea trays. The best part of this story (that keeps getting longer) is that they got me off of soooo many meds in the hospital. Somehow no more HBP, sort of a miracle. And they got me off of HRT and I think it might have dialed my SLE back as the inflammation is tolerable. Course I don't get outta bed much these days which is helping the AT and PF in my right foot and AT in the left. I'm a mess.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:29 AM

WMU
When they got me off of most of my meds in the hospital I sorta freaked. All that's left:
I've a disease in my eye have a med and three drops
the SLE Plaquinel,
pain meds
an antidepressant/sleeper that I use for sleep but probably is helping me to get through this mess.
Oh and Lasix cause of the water from the pain meds, KTabs cause it strips your potassium and on it goes.
Oh too and all the inhalers, gee I'd pass without them, 2 inhalers, one is steroids, one nebulizer and no that's all.
It was like that... one med led to another and another to help that the Lasix strips the potassium from your body etc. I was so thankful just sitting there trashing it all. Through all of this, just since end of January, I gained 25 pounds! I'm sort of in shock and hope that weigh in yesterday was a whole lotta water and well you know... filler. Point is, I dropped from 30+ meds down to just the few on this list. I don't intend to add to it. Course all of this has tossed my body worse then what all I had going on.

Weeee! I have dropped 2 pounds overnight. Here's hoping I can get a full 5 pounds before I see Doc on Friday. That will be back at the last number I weighed in at a few weeks ago. He just wants to listen to my lungs. I'm thankful for him. He's really gone overboard for me.

Thanks everyone, ya'll are great.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:35 AM

Had a thought, I'm really behind on my work as we weren't here last week and I've got an MKAL I'm starting, which means I'm dyeing yarn. Well, should be but I'm stuck in bed. Neither hear nor there. Have you noticed Chatty Patty fell into my lap?

My thought... I drafted a pattern for a charm quilt several months ago,,, before all of this happened. It's a two different block type of quilt that you can do up in a diagonal rainbow. Least that's what I keep telling myself. I'll probably have to break down and actually buy a design wall this time. Last time I hung a sheet from my photography backdrop pole. Sticky flannel would work better. Hum, anyone ever tried to hit a sheet (or whatever) on the wall with spray adhesive?

(Takes so long to type cause I can't remember words so forgive me if there's some real mixups here.)

Anywho... what say you? Would you like to see it? I'm not some master designer... I took off 20 years and have forgotten most of what I'd learned. That said, I thought if some of us were sewing it that would make me get moving. It takes several sizes but uses a lot of the 2.5 if I remember correctly. Sigh, braaaaiiinnss,,, anyone seen them? Please return in a zombie proof box. And with that, have a fantastic day.