Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 01-27-2022, 03:30 PM

Wmuteach, so sorry to hear of your lost. I'm on my 3rd boxer, had to put down my 2 ND 1 at only 8yrs old and I still get overwhelmed thinking of him. I get super attached and waited 15yrs before I decided I needed another buddy. There were 2 reasons, 1 I was retired and hubby still works, grandkids moved away after watching them for 5 yrs, and I needed a companion. 2 nd reason, just like every other city, crime is horrible, and big dogs are better than any security system.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:42 PM

Thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts about your furry family members. Scout was a rescue that came to me about 12 years ago. She was the best of friends and as she aged she went from assisting me at the machine to warming the pieces of quilts to being the star of Zoom meetings and Bible Study. I do miss her and so often have those moments when I a sound makes me think she is near by. But, alas, she is not here. I have not been without a cat in my home for about 45 years. I have applied for the adoption of another "mature cat', a year old female, that caught my eye, but it may be a few weeks before I am approved for adoption and and even allowed to visit to see if we are com"cat"able. If not, there will be another whiskered quilt inspector that will need a home and a with a nest of batting scraps for snoozing.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:00 PM

Finished the top of the black and white. Simple nine patch with either white or black in center. Used ombre fabric for sashing and the perfect doggie blocks. I am looking around for more blocks that will be right size for our candies.
Attached Thumbnails january.jpg  
Old 01-28-2022, 04:14 PM

Are you keeping a running record of how many 2.5's your using this year? Count and add to your total.

I am not a dog person, but can admire their cuteness. Like the use of the ombre strips. A nice touch to give your black/white/gray 9-patches a little pop but not overwhelm the doggy squares Looks like the dogs have a little color too. Good finish!
Old 01-28-2022, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

I LOVE the doggy 9 patch quilt, TG. So nice!
Old 01-29-2022, 04:51 PM

GREAT quilt Travelinggramma!!
Old 01-29-2022, 06:40 PM

Love the doggie quilt....
Old 01-29-2022, 09:01 PM

Wow, Travelinggramma, those dogs are amazing! I love how you were so creative with putting some "half dogs" into the blocks as well. I also like the ombre sashing - is that all from one piece of fabric or is each colour family a separate fabric? It creates a remarkable effect!
Old 01-30-2022, 10:55 AM

Just posted.... a sweet candy quilt https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...3-img_2983.jpg
Old 01-30-2022, 04:16 PM

ibex94, This is the September Color Block quilt.from Debbie Brown. If any one is interested you can register to be in her color block group on her website. The patterns are free and use piles and piles of 2.5's. Some patterns are terrific, some don't fit my taste or interest, but what I particularly like is that she demonstrates a way to quilt each of her Color Block quilts using a domestic machine. I have learned a quite a lot even if I don't make the quilt for that particular month. Take a peek. It is worth a look.

Just in case you have not looked at last year's site in the next day or two, we did hear from Aborning. You can pop over and read about her very busy and unusual January.

Good by January tomorrow and welcome to February very soon!