Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM

Lovely examples,Gaijin. Your name is the first on to float into the jar!. The Card Trick Table Runner is a terrific use of that block put on point.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Oh, Ibex94 that is beautiful! Are there any colors that you need?

Here is what I am considering as my next big challenge. https://arbeedesigns.com/products/trinity-celtic-knot I discovered the pattern by conversing with a 2.5" user from Australia. Yes, I did suggest she join the Quilting Board and lurk with us for ideas.

I googled Trinity Celtic Knot and found many color variations on Pinterest that I like better than the RWB in the pattern. Honestly before I start this one, I need to get....6 UF0/WIPs finished. I keep making tops in an effort to whittle down my stash.
That is a gorgeous quilt, too! I am ok on colors. I just need time to cut up my stash and start sewing :-)
Old 06-20-2022, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh cool, Ibex. It's a Scrappy Swoon quilt! There was a QAL for a Scrappy Swoon on the board several years ago. I made one then, a big baby size. I used only my pink. white and green candies. I nearly used all of my pinks up!
You are right! so very similar! Thank you for the picture of your baby quilt. Just keep on inspiring me! Thank you for the link to the quilt along for the swoon, WMUteach! I can see you both are candy enablers. Looks like I"m addicted now.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I don't post here often because I have been working more than full-time the last few years. I am posting three projects made from various sized charms and a bag made from some interesting fabric I found in Japan.
Gaijin, these are gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!
Old 06-21-2022, 05:57 AM

I posted this Christmas Wall Hanging on last years thread but wanted to share it with the new swappers. This took me a day to make and I love it! I want to make another one in more everyday colors.

Today I start work on a scrappy Disney quilt for a wedding I am going to in October. They are going to Disney World for their honeymoon and their gift registry is filled with Disney items. Made the quilt idea a no-brainer! I have a large variety of Disney fabric and last week I bought fabric in the newer movies. The squares are cut 6.5" and I will use 61 different Disney fabrics in a checkerboard pattern with a neutral. I'm looking forward to some easy piecing. Haven't decided if the backing will be one fabric or a panel.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-candies.jpg  
Old 06-21-2022, 06:55 AM

I was working on this lap size top a few months ago, before my life seemed to run away on me! I haven't sewn in weeks now. We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are expecting Baby #5 in January, 2023! My heart is full of excitement and I already can't wait to see this little one, and our girls are thrilled! But, as always, my energy levels are drained with the first trimester morning sickness. This 95°+ weather isn't helping me either, lol!

My veggie garden is exploding faster than I can can it and freeze it. I have harvested over 50 lbs of zucchini so far, and the season is yet young! Hubby had his first taste of snap freezing and canning on Saturday. It was wonderful to have a second pair of hands to help me.

​​​​​​I love the Trinity Celtic Knot pattern shared! I'll need to save that on my bucket list.

Beautiful quilts shared here! Please keep sharing them!
Attached Thumbnails img_20220228_142400232.jpg  
Old 06-21-2022, 12:30 PM

NZQuilter - CONGRATULATIONS on the newest addition to your family!!!! Babies are such miracles, I hope you start felling better - the first trimester can be rotten.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:38 PM

Congratulations NZquilter on the upcoming baby! Wow that is awesome! I remember the first trimester was not by much fun, hopefully you will be past it soon.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:44 PM

Congratulations NZ! What a blessing to have a family of little people snuggling around you.

Love the Red and Green quilt, IrishMom. A good use of our side swap squares last year? Finished size? Pattern source?

I ordered the Trinity Celtic Knot pattern and it arrive as a PDF in just a few minutes. I have not yet read through it with care but perhaps later tonight. I haven't chosen a color scheme either. All I know is that it will not be R/W/B. I also ordered a Mariner's Compass pattern from the same site. So many beautiful opportunities.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:33 PM

NZ - Congratulations!! I love that everyone in the family is excited, too! I love the yellow based candy quilt you posted. Is that for the new baby or do you have someone else in mind?