Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 10-26-2023, 02:29 PM

Waaaah, I just could not get my Star Trails quilt in order to post this past 2.5 Day. My classes and students have been gobbling up my time at a rate faster that I could imagine. I spent a few hours at the machine this afternoon which was the first time since Sunday. I have a few more hours this evening and will get my work in order so I can accomplish some 2.5 work this weekend.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Save 10 minutes for FMQ practice!
Old 10-27-2023, 05:47 PM

Another Pinterest find: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/4222812...29025249922640

While it looks like this was actually made with charm squares (or maybe smaller? not sure), the pattern would work so beautifully with your little candies!

One of the commentators on the picture referred those seeking the pattern to the Fat Quarter Shop's "Butterfly Patch" pattern: https://www.fatquartershop.com/butte...lella-boutique

Happy quilting, all!

Old 10-28-2023, 02:25 AM

Gemm, wouldn't that make a "charming" baby quilt with 2.5's. Thanks for the good idea.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:13 PM

Good evening everyone. I want to thank the following members who send me the bd candy so far. 1. JENNR8R; 2. Patrick’s Mom; 3. Rebaquilts; 4. Ibex94; 5. Laf2019; 6. JaniceMcC; bjsmith57; Again thank-you. I don’t plan to open until my birthday.

I’ve been too busy switching my upstairs sewing room to a spare bedroom and taking my sewing stuff downstairs to a much much larger room. The goal to eventually have all of my stuff in one area and easily to get. All of the furniture has been swapped and stuffed boxed. Now I just need to unpack and reorganize the room. I have been working on this for the last 3 weeks. Since I had the helpers I decided to swap furniture around in other rooms as well. It’s beginning to look like a normal house again. I figure by the time BHMQ23 starts the weekly sewing, I will be completely finished with this swap. So bottom line, I did not have time to sew for the last 3 weeks. I have been planning this swap for the last 3 years. I’m so excited.

Tomorrow I plan to finish sewing my nieces top. And set up a top to quilt for my friend. I will quilt it Monday afternoon. After my guild sew day. As for the 2.5” squares project. I’m working on a one day mystery from last month. I figured next month it will be done. I did finish the 2.5” & 4.5” square Halloween 👻 quilt. It’s upstairs in the spare room. I will take a pic and post soon. I’m going to post this and try to post pics soon.

Now as for the pic of my pet. I plan to send a pic of my pup (1 1/3 years old now), after I figure out to send a pic again.
Old 10-28-2023, 07:10 PM

img_0420.jpeg

Heres my pic of my pride and joy. His an Austrian shepherd and his name is Bandit. 1 year and 4 months old. I consider still a pup. He is very smart and intelligent. He is saying hi!
Old 10-29-2023, 02:33 AM

Hello, all!

First of all, apologies for being behind on mailing. The swap info coincided with the end of the grading period and I’ve been swamped! But the November packet to Happylab is bundled up and should be in flight Monday!

Here’s a pic of my shaggy pup Spice at the dog show this past weekend. They had a fall background set up so I had to snap him in front of it. He achieved his MACH 4 (Agility championship for the 4th time!) last weekend, so he’s quite the talented boy!

Happy Hallothankmas season, everyone!
Attached Thumbnails img_1132.jpeg  
Old 10-29-2023, 03:44 AM

Oh, Yeah, more friendly four footed furry family members. I was starting to get concerned that we only had a few folks willing to show off their fur babies. Happylab and Quossum how extraordinarily busy you have been. Sewing room moving and room rearranging for Happylab and then grading and dog showing for Quossum makes my head spin and a reminder that my whining about grading papers ridiculous. Bandit and Spice look to be a pair of active lively pooches that make your families smile. Those faces just exude happiness. Hi back to you, Bandit.

I went to my quilt group's work day yesterday and sorted all my 2.5 Birthday Candies from 2022 into color plies to add to my bins. I found sushi and a Weber grill, math and chemistry prints and a prize of a square of black and white cat face print. I have no idea who sent the cat print but if you are the one, several of us from my quilt group would like to know where it came from. We want some for our stash of kitty fabric. Any hoo, you made a whole group of my local quilty friends giggle.

Today after church and a quick straightening up in the the sewing room, it is back to quilting my Pladish quilt. Then it is time to make some decisions on what can reasonably be finished by the holidays

Old 10-29-2023, 07:03 AM

Cold and rainy 45° in Dallas. It's going down to freezing a few nights this week already! That's kind of early for us. I know you northerners will find this funny.
I hopped over to the post office to mail the November birthday greeting. If it isn't there in 2 weeks, I have time to resend.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:55 AM

I will keep you posted when the bd candies arrive.

Happy cold Pro-football Sunday everyone. Chiefs play at 3:15pm. Sorry Broncos fans. Question of the day, will Taylor be at the game with Travis’s Mother? We will know during the game. While watching the game I’m going to try to get in a few hours of pinning and set up a quilt to quilt for my friend later in the week. Oh well time to feed my Bandit. Have a great week everyone.