Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 02-24-2023, 11:16 AM

WMUTeach -- that is not a good thing you are going through. I am glad there are local places that still have power and heat and wifi so you could check in! Mittened fingers are no good at holding needles. Do you have a treadle machine? If not, it may be time to get one and plant it under a window for light! Stay warm!!

Janice -- I love the bin of candies you have in the background! That is one beautiful mug rug! Lucky girl!
Old 02-24-2023, 11:37 AM

Hello everyone,

My March birthday candies are starting to arrive and its not even March yet I will provide an updated list of candies received below when they are received. Thank you. bjsmith57

1. JENNR8R - 2/24/23
Old 02-24-2023, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Hope they get your power back on sooner than you think, WMUT!

Janice, lovely cards and cute mug rug. Hope your birthday was fun.

That extra thickness is why I don't put anything but 50 candies in my cards. The price of packages these days is ridiculous if even a tiny one costs over $5. I went and checked with the P.O. about postage, and bought 20 Forever stamps plus the same amount of "extra ounce" stamps, so that's what I am putting on my birthday cards. Then I'll just leave them in my mailbox for the postal carrier to pick up.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:34 PM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I did have a lovely birthday. DH and I had lunch out at a new to us Thai restaurant and the food was exceptional. Got to talk to both my sons. Had some little gifts to open including a favorite scented hand lotion I’ve been unable to find locally. Took a nap - yay - and generally had a wonderful day.

I want to share pics of my new 12 week old grand pup, Rambo. Yes, Rambo. Roflol. DS#2 had 2 Pomeranians. Heartbreakingly the younger died last week of cancer. He and his GF were inconsolable. They opted to get a new Pom to help relieve some small portion of the grief and they found this little guy. He’s starting to win over the older Pom and they’re beginning to make a new little family with Rambo.

Here’s Rambo…
Attached Thumbnails 3f52775c-e472-414c-a53b-0f260683397b.jpeg   6f4bbf3e-0994-47e7-bded-8088e698ca63.jpeg  
Old 02-24-2023, 03:38 PM

WMUTeach, I’m sorry to hear of your circumstances and of all the others currently without power. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you. I’m hoping power is restored sooner rather than later. Warm hugs winging their way to you!
Old 02-24-2023, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Oh, what a complete cutie Rambo is! I'm sorry they lost the other dog, but surely Rambo will steal everyone's hearts too.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:50 PM

Janice McC, I have never seen a baby Pom before.. They look like a little very fuzzy stuffed toy, Charming. My ex's family always had a Pom but I never saw the dogs as pups.

Thanks all for the good "warm" wishes. I heard a weirdly familiar sound about 4:30 this afternoon and it was ..... the furnace! Looked up and the digital time on a radio started to blink. Yes, indeed the power was back! Home WiFi is busy, a hot shower was next and the dishwasher is humming. Just a few little things that are making my evening pleasurable, warm and bright.

Lots of others still in the dark and cold in my county. I hear tell that nearly one-half of the county was without power for the first 24 hours. So many trees down from heavy ice. Our tree city will have fewer trees to shade our summer days, spread fall leaves and provide havens for birds and critters. I am humming the circle of life.

Still looking for more screen name stories. Keep sending them along. March 1 might sneak up on you.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:03 PM

@Janice McC Oh, precious pup! My sister is also a Pom-fan and always has one. Her latest is an interesting liver color and quite young. She had lost her older one, too, and yes, getting another one to love once you feel ready is a good way to assuage the grief and carry on with the love!
Old 02-25-2023, 10:26 AM

Updated candies received list for today. Thank you.

4. Juana Ibanez 2/25/23 ( I did not see your online name on the outside of the envelope)

3. Gaijin 2/25/23

2. Sewbizgirl 2/25/23

1. JENNR8R 2/24/23
Old 02-25-2023, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Wow, three today. Great, BJ!