Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 03-16-2023, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Love your "Bloom" banner, TG!

Gannyrosie, I don't think it's legal using stamps twice, so maybe not a good idea to post what you are doing in a public place such as this.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Great to hear from you, NZ! So glad you are loving life with the twins. I'm sure your older girls are helping out as much as they can. My newest grand is about a month behind your twins. His sister is almost 4, and when she's playing on the rug, Mommy sets the baby down beside her and he is fascinated watching her. She entertains him with puppet shows and peek a boo games. His little smiles are coming out. I'm sure yours have been smiling and "talking" too. They have that baby language at about 2 months and I just love it.

So great to hear from you. Hi to all your little girls too!
It's so sweet to watch siblings play with the babies! That is so cute about your two grandchildren. My babies are just beginning to start "talking". I think they are a little behind because they were preemies. Allen is only 9.5 pounds and Gracies is around 12 pounds, but their doctor isn't worried.

Traveling Gramma, I love your banner! Maybe I should try making some smaller projects like that, since I don't really have time for the big quilts.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:53 AM

Sent mine early this week, it should arrive soon!
Old 03-18-2023, 02:31 PM

Loved makes those mini-Dresdens! I used batiks, backed mine with felt, stitched the Dresden to the felt and made coasters. I still have a set around here somewhere. Super fun and easy.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Loved makes those mini-Dresdens! I used batiks, backed mine with felt, stitched the Dresden to the felt and made coasters. I still have a set around here somewhere. Super fun and easy.
I like that idea!
Old 03-19-2023, 04:41 PM

Hello everyone
travelgramma the banner is really cute. Loved making those Dresden flowers too. I think I made mine into ornaments for my Christmas packages. Made them all red.

hope everyone is well. I know that I am ready for spring and for the snow to melt away!
Barb

Old 03-20-2023, 03:20 PM

Happy Spring to all! I just sent the April Birthday Swap information to everyone, if you did not receive it or your information is incorrect contact me. (ibex94, I can't send you the info because your email is full! It happens to all of us frequent communicators. I will try again in the morning.)

I put out my bunnies and "Easter/Spring decorations this afternoon and lit the lilac candle to remind me of the sweet, sweet scent of spring. It is a bit of a contrast to the pile of dirty snow in the parking lot. Oh, well the impending rain will chase the snow away.
Attached Thumbnails spring.jpg  
Old 03-20-2023, 04:34 PM

I just cleared out a handful of messages. Boy, they build up fast!! Bring on our April Bday babies!

Old 03-21-2023, 03:58 AM

Good morning! My birthday packages are ready to go to the mailbox as soon as it warms up enough so I don’t freeze my fingers off. Brrr!

Hope everyone has a great day today. Happy Tuesday.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:17 AM

What a cute idea TravelingGramma.

​​​​​​seems I better get those April BD's out this week, no telling what the weather will do next.

Sewbiz, as long as it's not a cancelled stamp and you don't tape it.

working on ( my last one now) 6 curtain panels for a friend. Shortening them to 91 inches and ugghhh linen, lined with heavy black out. Thank God I'll be done today. Don't know why I volunteer for these things.