Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 03-22-2024, 08:10 AM

Heather, the best thing I can say is to hang in there. This will all pass, but it’s hard as heck while we’re in it. My son graduated from GA Tech but part of his classes were done through a special program at GA Southern and he lived on campus there. When he took his classes at GA Tech, he was able to live with us outside the ATL and commute daily. I liked having him home.

My candy packages are in the mail today.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-22-2024 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:32 PM

Heather, it sounds like everything is going to easily fall into place for your kids. Yay!!

My candies got put into the mail yesterday. Let's see how long it takes for them to arrive.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:13 PM

Time for me to check in too. I did indeed need my snow brush today. The mitten is in the middle of some winter system that is bringing us what may be our last taste of winter for the next week or so. Off an on, heavy then light, then sun, then more snow. I drove north to Holland, Michigan to day and they have much more snow but it is wet and heavy, but making a beautiful layer of cake icing on all of the houses and fields and boats and parks. Lovely. Holland is on Lake Michigan for non-Michiganders.

My kitchen redo is nearly finished. The counter tops are in and a perfect choice. Ta-Da! The plumber was in Tuesday and got the sink, dishwasher and faucets all in working order. What a delight to be able to cook and set tools on a counter and then put them in the dishwasher or wash the tricky ones by hand in a sink in the kitchen rather than in the bathroom. All that is left to do is a bit of carpet repair, the back splash and some paint touch up that got dinged. Oh, yes, and keep reorganizing where things go in the new cupboards.

I dropped off the two April envelopes to the mail box this morning before the postal vehicle chugged around the corner.
So happy hear that envelopes are going out early enough to reach our first Birthday Swapper on time.

Heather, sounds like progress is being made on the housing situation. Thank goodness for a helpful father among the boys. Not having housing must have worn heavy on you. I can only imagine. I have a granddaughter at Purdue and she had to fight for a room this year. I am assuming that she has gone to battle for the fall semester already. Living off campus is not an option for her. Fingers crossed that your son will find a clean and safe place abode for next fall.

TG you made me giggle. Putting a child to work for the her grandma is a very good thing. Besides, we want our children to know how to use an envelope and stamp to send us messages too! Right?

Sewbiz, I am assuming you are celebrating the Easter holiday with your grands, or at least part of it. I miss having the egg hunts and hidden treasures left about in the back yard for curious little searchers. I would hide fresh strawberries and blueberries and carrots in the plastic eggs, creative dice, little bouncy balls and of course a few eggs had a bit of chocolate and jelly beans.(Photo from 10 years ago, oh my!) Always fun to see the happy faces searching under trees and in the sandbox. Those were the days. Oh, one year I hid Disney princess panties in some slightly larger eggs because some one was potty training. Tee-Hee-Hee. A good giggle for us all.

Enjoy your week-end every one and get ready for 2.5 day on Monday!
Attached Thumbnails easter-kiddos.jpg  
Old 03-22-2024, 04:37 PM

Looking forward to finding those candies in my mail box!
Old 03-23-2024, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

WMU what a great pic!!!! Adorable kids and adorable Grandma!
Old 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Adorable grandkids and beautiful you, Linda!
Old 03-23-2024, 07:06 AM

I think these three are pretty terrific kiddos. Special in so many ways. My daughter had infertility challenges so each kiddo was a dream come true. The twins are 15 now and night and day different adolescents. The singleton has always been a snuggle bunny with a heart filled with compassion for others, nature and animals. My other two grands are in college busy being young adults preparing for careers. One is in medical engineering and the other in math education. My grands just make my heart sing! Even if they don't want to search for Easter eggs in the back yard any more! Tee-Hee-Hee!

I have been searching for my next 2.5 quilt for April. So many saved links to look at. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's efforts in a few days to boost my inspiration.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:03 PM

Hello all,
Candies went in the mail today! I am another of those "life challenges" places -- I placed my dad in assisted living and hospice care after his last hospital stay (first week of Feb) and he has declined pretty fast since then so I'm splitting my evenings and weekends between spending time with him and getting his condo ready to sell. No work has happened with candies, but I don't have quite the stash you all have of 2.5's -- yet! I am doing some paper piecing hexagons since that doesn't require a sewing machine and I can make hexagon flowers in my dad's room. Those take 2-inch squares though, not 2.5. A lovely acquaintance through this forum gifted me a box of scraps and yardage. Now I just need more time!
Old 03-23-2024, 08:05 PM

forgot to attach the hexie picture....
Attached Thumbnails hexagons.jpg  
Old 03-24-2024, 02:16 AM

Hey, everyone!

Another busy person checking in here! It’s been a really hectic and stressful time of life for me, but an end to tough times is at least in sight, if approaching all too slowly.

I’ll work on preparing the April packets this evening; I have stacks of squares and I’ve been gathering them into the “squares holders” over time this past month; I’ve got about half of the year’s packets ready, just waiting to be put into their envelopes with the other birthday swag.

Hugs to all!